Member Spotlight
Southshore
Southshore
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ejb8910, periwinkle, SANFILIP
Who's Online Now
25 registered members (Fitzhughlaw, RatmansWife, SXMScubaman, 706jim, George1234, MrEZgoin, jazzgal, Whale Tail, Todd_Melinda_K, bostonbob, jbutah, MikeBiondo, deliveryskipper, StMartinFan, Matt W, CdnCouple, PML, Lionsail, EdB, 6 invisible), 964 guests, and 163 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
First day #305255
08/21/2023 07:39 AM
08/21/2023 07:39 AM
mahokid Offline OP
Traveler
mahokid  Offline OP
Traveler
With an empty kitchen we decided to check out Mango cafe in Orient just a few doors down from Good Morning cafe

A limited AM menu with some nice fresh smoothie options

While maybe not a real NY bagel, the bagel was soft and not crusty on the outside, it hit the spot with the usual accompaniments with smoked salmon
A short stack of pancakes were topped with sliced strawberries and a fruit sauce and whipped cream on the side
We enjoyed a fruit smoothie as well
Service was prompt and the owner was encaging

Next was a trip to the Mt. Hope super U to stock up for breakfast and lunches
they offer a better exchange rate if paid in cash
Only alcohol purchased was a bottle of tawny port but I did spend a good amount of time looking over the wines available to possibly add to my cellar at home
I find breakfast a bit expensive to eat out considering the cost to cook at home, so we eat egg, ham and cheese croissants almost every morning

While we usually eat lunch in most days, we are going to try to eat lunch out every other day
Today we stayed in and enjoy charcuterie and some shrimp cocktail

Le Cottage was our choice for dinner as they we were already closed last year on our visit
It is my second favorite restaurant on the island
Tanya, Stephane, Julien along with the rest of the staff served seamlessly with almost a full room

I already had made up my mind to have the lobster tasting
my wife started Mahi Mahi ceviche while my first course was a lobster bisque topped with puff pastry and a side of lobster Chantilly
the soup had bits of lobster and I dream of this soup, I could have left after enjoying and been happy

my second course of the tasting was a lobster ravioli with a foam, unfortunately I had to share it with my wife

a lemon sorbet with vodka cleansed our palate, was very refreshing and could be served as a dessert

A petite perfectly cooked lobster tail was my main course served with a side of creole sauce along with celery root puree and a bit of broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus

The main course for Miss SXM was a combination of scallops and roasted shrimp
I was a bit hesitant on this choice as we are close to some of the best scallops in the US, but these were imported fresh from Boston and perfectly seared with a great sauce

We only had room for one dessert and lucky for me my wife usually only takes one bite
As much as I dream of the lobster, the caramel souffle is a show stopper served with a side of ice cream

Le Cottage has a very nice wine list and Stephane is very good at making recommendations

Attached Files mango cafe bagel.jpgle cottage lobster bisque.jpgle cottage aperol spritz.jpgmango cafe pancake.jpgle cottage souffle.jpgle cottage lobster.jpgle cottage scallop.jpgmiss SXM.jpg
Last edited by mahokid; 08/21/2023 08:42 AM.
SXM Sponsors
Re: First day [Re: mahokid] #305256
08/21/2023 09:09 AM
08/21/2023 09:09 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Wow, it's been a while since we've been to Le Cottage, but man, that looks good! I don't suppose they also have a Grand Marnier souffle'??

Carol Hill
Re: First day [Re: mahokid] #305258
08/21/2023 10:11 AM
08/21/2023 10:11 AM
Atlanta, GA
BenP Offline
Traveler
BenP  Offline
Traveler
Atlanta, GA
While all of the pictures look amazing, I can honestly say the caramel soufflé looks spectacular!

We’re not scheduled to go back until January but it looks like we need to add Le Cottage back into our rotation!

Thanks for sharing and enjoy!

Re: First day [Re: mahokid] #305271
08/21/2023 03:11 PM
08/21/2023 03:11 PM
Greer SC
B
bostonbob Online content
Traveler
bostonbob  Online Content
Traveler
B
Greer SC
Le Cottage had fallen out of our rotation for some of our other favorites. Your description and photos has put it high on our list for November. We too are from Ma. and normally wouldn’t get scallops anywhere else. We retired to SC and have found two shops who sell dry packed scallops from New Bedford💕. Keep the posts coming so we all can drool.

Lived most of my life in Massachusetts