Member Spotlight
HillsideView
HillsideView
Ya never know...
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
paradissatravel, SXMCONNECTION
Who's Online Now
16 registered members (nevar37, EdB, RickinAtlanta, Todd_Melinda_K, YachtReprise, Kennys, Midsouth, Whale Tail, TravelHat, George1234, SharonfromSXM, jagmansr, 4 invisible), 650 guests, and 170 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Piece of Mullet Bay offered for sale #307269
10/17/2023 08:52 AM
10/17/2023 08:52 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline OP
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline OP
Traveler
Central Florida!
Link

So it begins..

Carol Hill
SXM Sponsors
Re: Piece of Mullet Bay offered for sale [Re: Carol_Hill] #307319
10/18/2023 10:38 PM
10/18/2023 10:38 PM
carlnsue Offline
Traveler
carlnsue  Offline
Traveler
I have no idea what it means to “own” a timeshare at the Towers anymore. What will happen to the “owners”? Will they ever get them back? Get hit with an outrageous “assessment” then have to try to settle it by walking away?
Does anyone actually own and/or use a Towers timeshare anymore?
Is the building in use for anything?
So many questions…in case anyone has info it’d be much appreciated.

Re: Piece of Mullet Bay offered for sale [Re: Carol_Hill] #307320
10/19/2023 06:14 AM
10/19/2023 06:14 AM
Westchester /NYC
Colour1 Offline
Traveler
Colour1  Offline
Traveler
Westchester /NYC
I read this twice. It seems that this will go on for a while before anything gets done!

Sand Gravity, got to love it!
Re: Piece of Mullet Bay offered for sale [Re: carlnsue] #307334
10/19/2023 10:03 AM
10/19/2023 10:03 AM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline
Traveler
pat  Offline
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
carinsue,

As far as I can tell, owning a Towers at Mullet Bay timeshare week(s) means nothing but a piece of paper you can keep for the memory or use to start your fireplace with.

Nothing there is usable and the property has been ransacked and anything of any value is gone even to the street lamps in the parking area.

The doors and windows and possibly sections of the roof are missing and have been since Irma in 2017 and the mold has got to be horrendous.

And the property from the road sign at the end of the driveway to the main building to the pool and bathrooms and office are completely destroyed and/or over grown. Nothing anyone I know would want to own.

We ran into Clarence Derby a year or so ago and even though the Ennia situation had been widely publicized by then he volunteered to us that a resolution was in the works and we’d likely be getting our weeks back soon. More Ansary/Darby BS,

A wise bet would be to consider The Towers history from another era and move on which is what mose of us have done. And hard as it may be to believe, there is island life after the Towers. We’d discovered Beachside Villas the year before we lost the Towers time and love it as much and possibly even more than we did the Towers.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
Re: Piece of Mullet Bay offered for sale [Re: pat] #307404
10/20/2023 11:17 AM
10/20/2023 11:17 AM
carlnsue Offline
Traveler
carlnsue  Offline
Traveler
Pat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Regrettably, I agree, and we are ok walking away and "cutting our losses, and keeping our memories". The last remaining concern though is making sure there is no chance they try to come after us for any old unpaid maintenance fees or assessments after the property became unusable after Irma. They stopped billing, and we stopped paying - seemed fair at the time. As crazy as this idea may sound, I've heard less than reasonable positions from them in the past, and I don't know if I should do anything to document my walking away, like send them a legal "we're walking away, and owe you nothing" letter. I think the only reason I've hesitated is because I hate to give it to them when I know in my heart that they just want us out for free so they can turn it into more salable condos.

fyi - not trying to ask you to be my lawyer! Just looking to see how others handled or thought about it.

Oh, and yes, we never stopped visiting SXM! It is still our go-to "annual honeymoon" spot 38 yrs later, and hopefully will remain so!

Thanks again
CnS

Re: Piece of Mullet Bay offered for sale [Re: Carol_Hill] #307405
10/20/2023 12:44 PM
10/20/2023 12:44 PM
F
foreversxm Offline
Traveler
foreversxm  Offline
Traveler
F
We used to own Timeshare and it served its purpose for enough years to justify the price and sold it years ago then Irma hit. We would call ourselves "owners" to but that's really just fancy marketing term as its really just the right to use for a certain about of time. Unless you have a deed and closed it a a notary office you own NOTHING! We got our moneys worth and used it for years and years as most people did in the other properties that are no longer open or so called Timeshare. No Money is ever coming back to anyone. Still some nice properties out there as rentals or If you want to buy something on the Inland find a realtor and have a notary handle everything.