Just a quick post with my photos from this last trip. A very different , quiet relaxing holiday for me . Great seeing everyone again.had a 4 hr delay departing Halifax because of the blizzard the previous day but AA still managed to schedule me down only to have a 4 hr mechanical delay at JFK which resulted in missing the last flight to EIS. AA put us up overnight at the Best Western Airport Hotel which was great and on the first flight over to Tortola in the morning.Ran into Sharon (sharnightqueen) who was also on my flight heading for Jost.

Had alot of rain in that 2 wks ,one day with torrential downpours, flooding and mudslides. The swells were incredible at CGB but calmed down eventually. I don't know how you sailors sail in that kind of weather but I sure like calmer waters than that.

Quitos has a new feel to it but what I must say is that for Quito and the band itself they now have a stage and room to move/ breathe and for anyone who has seen Quito preform on a big stage you know he is in his element. Its a new feel but one we can get used to. It was nice having lots of room to dance.

Plenty of ships in and I have read plenty of comments about that. Beach was sure crowded I have to admit and I was happy to see them leave each day. They have just as much right as we do on the beach but my only gripe is that Tortola just doesn't have the infastructure to support all these ships each and every day. One ship is more than enough but three or four was crazy. Even CGB can't handle that many people. not enough loos, restaurants etc Nuff said !!

Spent 10 days at Sunset Apts CGB and 3 days at Chateau Relaxeau Caribe at Apple Bay. If you get the chance check out the reno on Manpots house. He has a gem there!!

Had an absolutely incredible dinner at Brandywine. I wanted my friend from Milan to experience the cuisine and the dinner, ambiance and service were impeccable. Thank you Davide and Cele for a perfect , romantic evening.Also finally ate at Coco Plums and had the skillet fried mushrooms which were highly recommended by Manpot..mmmm My one disappointment was the dinner at Spaghetti Junction and I should have spoken to John about it but I didn't . Party of 7 for dinner and my friend and I walked away hungry our portions were so small. Everyone else had enough for a doggy bag but sad to say we didn't. My friend being Italian was shocked to see my childs portion of spaghetti marinara and we had raved about the food. Anyway John my apologies but next time I will say something. Also like to thank staff at Myetts for all the great lunches and dinners we had there.

Took a drive out to Trellis Bay one day and introduced myself to Jeremy. Quite a great set up there I have to say and I think I will just have to try a full moon party there and catch the fireballs and mocko jumbies all alit.

Anyway I think I made the points I wanted to. Doesn't seem to matter how often you go its never enough and I can't wait to go back again in April.

BVI PHOTOS DEC/JAN