Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,048
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
mahokid 29
RonDon 29
erb923 26
GaKaye 17
Member Spotlight
davidandsusannj
davidandsusannj
Hunterdon County, NJ
Posts: 55
Joined: December 2010
Today's Birthdays
FrogtownRoadCat3
Who's Online Now
12 members (CaribbeanCanadians, Rumlover, Maikelvdh, mark37, Marie, Bob O, PmB, 5 invisible), 415 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#310960 12/29/2023 03:58 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
C
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
Hello

We are returning to VG again next month after decamping to Vieques last year.

Because I am the only cook at home in our real life, I do not want to do it on vacation.

I am looking for recommendations for drop off meals on VG, primarily lunches and one dinner. We are a party of four, staying at Mahoe Bay.

We used BVI Chefs in the past and would prefer to try a different company.

Thanks

Last edited by Cleobeach; 12/29/2023 04:00 PM.
BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
I know the chef we always use has done that in the past just not sure he still does. I'm here now and will see him next week. I'll see if I can get recommendations.

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
C
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
Thank you, I look forward to learning more.

Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 141
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 141
Cleo, sorry to appear to be "dense," but when you say "drop off meals," do you mean delivery akin to DoorDash or Uber Eats, or you can pick up a take out order nearby, or you want the meal cooked on-site?

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
C
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
Ready to eat meals prepared off site by the chef and delivered to the house. Last trip we had roti, bbq chicken, and lobsters (with sides) dropped off.

Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 141
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 141
Chef Monk is highly regarded by those who have engaged his services at my villa in Mahoe, and he does both on-site meal preparation as well as cooking at his own kitchen and then dropping off. His email is jermainegeorge74@gmail.com and his phone number is (284) 342-4548.

https://www.facebook.com/p/Personal...scQdZH5QPq4CFR8VUdw4oZ7KFSGmLOM&_rdr

Attached Images
Chef Jermaine.jpg
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
K
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
K
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
I think he used to be the chef at Biras

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
C
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
Thanks Fritz! I will contact him and telling you sent me.

Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 141
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 141
Knits, he was indeed, and oddly enough, my first trip to Virgin Gorda was a stay at Biras Creek in 2006. It was a wonderful experience and the dining was nonpareil. As I mentioned to Cleo in a recent PM, every one of my guests at Sea Fans who have engaged him has nothing but great things to say about the experience he provides. MAF

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 160
Likes: 1
G
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 160
Likes: 1
I love this idea!!! I just emailed him. We are at mango bay resort and assumed we would eat out primarily. But it would be wonderful to relax and have someone come in and cook - or just drop off. Either!! Thank you for this info.


[Linked Image]
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
K
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
K
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
we stayed there for years and the dining was always wonderful

Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Have heard good things about Chef Monk but we've always used Chet (chetty41@hotmail.com) and I adore him. As another option.
Just had the best oxtail meal ever last night at the VGYH celebration done by Nelda. I don't think she delivers but her food is all Home cooked take out. Fabulous. You can call her and find out what's on the menu for that day.
284 541-6238

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
C
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
Thanks for the additional ideas. Years back, we often visited the food stands for take away. I don't know why we got out of that habit.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5