Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,073
Members27,641
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
mahokid 25
erb923 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
FRANKIE2
FRANKIE2
S/V Event Horizon
Posts: 391
Joined: January 2007
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
7 members (Sunflower, nevar37, lcote, 4 invisible), 426 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
V
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
V
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
Major tragedy on Virgin Gorda yesterday. Further details other than the below are hard to come by.

https://bvinews.com/child-succumbs-after-vg-beach-incident/

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349
Likes: 3
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349
Likes: 3
Savanah Beach was a bit rough yesterday. I went there and swam for a while and then fell trying to come out of the water. There is a bout a 1 ft sand rise where the waves break very near the shore. I could not get up and needed help in getting up.


tpcook
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 632
Likes: 4
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 632
Likes: 4
Tragic news.

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Tragic indeed and a warning for all of us to be careful in the ocean. I have seen many close disasters especially at CGB with a north swell and cruise shippers especially running headlong into the water.In forty years of surfing I had several close calls and, now I am older and maybe wiser, I am more cautious when mother nature is stirred up.I do hope the good folks on VG are doing everything they can to help that grieving family..and thanks,once again, to VISAR for their amazing diligence.

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 325
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 325
Likes: 1
I have that same problem I am not as spry as when I was younger. I have wondered
if the walking sticks would help with getting up and navigating out of the waves.?

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
C
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
Originally Posted by Boulderboy
I have that same problem I am not as spry as when I was younger. I have wondered
if the walking sticks would help with getting up and navigating out of the waves.?

I had the same thought and wondered if hacking old ski pole baskets would provide more "grip"

Really tragic news.

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,494
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,494
Likes: 5
Certainly a tragedy and a reminder of the need for caution. Just thought I'd point out that it's a 2 year old story.

Dan

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,922
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,922
Why would someone post a two year old story and say it happened yesterday? Seems rather odd to me.


[color:"red"]FRAN[/color] "Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late"
[Linked Image]
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 11,613
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 11,613
Originally Posted by Fran
Why would someone post a two year old story and say it happened yesterday? Seems rather odd to me.

It was originally posted 2 years ago, another post brought forward.


Eric Hill
TTOL Sponsors

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5