Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,010
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 29
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Zanshin
Zanshin
Antigua
Posts: 2,734
Joined: March 2008
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
12 members (mgh, RatmansWife, Kennys, charlie, FLCajun, Computerwise, tomp, S/Y Mockingbird, FFSXM, 3 invisible), 496 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 42
I
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
I
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 42

What is the availability on Sundays for moorings at Cooper Island these days?
I have been watching Boaty ball availability and the Quart A Nancy webcam pics for Cooper Island for weeks now and Boatyball always shows full. What about FCFS availability on Sundays?
We have a trip planned for 7/13 and are looking to stay at Cooper on 7/14.
Can I get some realtime info?

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Plenty of FCFS balls available right now at 12:46. You never really know. Just have a backup plan. Easy to head down to Peter or over to Marina Key or Trellis.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 602
Likes: 1
G
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 602
Likes: 1
Hallover's Bay

Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 42
I
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
I
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 42
Are there FCFS mooring balls at Haulover Bay or would we need to drop the hook for the night?

Last edited by Instigator; 05/26/2024 03:06 PM.
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
H
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
H
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594
Likes: 2
No overnight balls at Haulover as far as I know.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 602
Likes: 1
G
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 602
Likes: 1
Hook only

Check conditions

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166
Likes: 1
Be careful not to damage the coral


Warren S/V Scuba Doo
Lagoon 50 (winner of best crewed yacht under 55 feet at the St. Thomas crewed yacht boat show).

https://www.cyabrochure.com/ebn/2307/pdyrX/6642/4///
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 602
Likes: 1
G
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
G
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 602
Likes: 1
Has anyone snorkeled or dove Hallover's bay (Haulover in St John?) lately?

Prior to Hurricane Irma, its coral was fantastic.

The Hurricane messed it up.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5