Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,950
Posts342,006
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 29
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Manpot
Manpot
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Posts: 17,513
Joined: May 2002
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
10 members (BHK, JAG1, marisol, dcarol, goose4793, shortypowers, SXMScubaman, golda1, 2 invisible), 372 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 42
I
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
I
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 42
Are there day moorings to Snorkel or Snuba at Montain Point that are sufficient to tie up a MarineMax 443 or would we be better served taking the dinghy from Bittet End to a mooring at Mountian Point?
We are asked to meet SnubaBVi and I didn't see the capacity of the moorings there and the colors of the balls don't match what we were told.

Last edited by Instigator; 05/26/2024 03:16 PM.
BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
There are several Moorings all along there. They are NPS moorings and fine for your boat unless there is a north swell. Thats not likely this time of year. It’s a nice lunch/snorkel stop. It’s a very long dinghy ride from BEYC.

Last edited by GeorgeC1; 05/26/2024 05:43 PM.
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 42
I
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
I
Joined: Feb 2024
Posts: 42
Perfect and thank you. That is exactly the info I was looking for.

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
If it were me I would Snorkel Mt point and Snuba the Kodiak Queen. The wreck has two white dive balls on it about ⅓ of a mile from Mountain PT. I would not however penetrate the wreck with Snuba.

Last edited by GeorgeC1; 05/26/2024 09:58 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5