Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
mahokid 25
erb923 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
bethandsteve
bethandsteve
St. Louis, MO
Posts: 165
Joined: December 2009
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
16 members (Lucky13, Rumlover, xrayman67, Compskier, MamaB, SeeDiver, JAE, 48ref, lovemysxm, JandIrene, Rover, 5 invisible), 408 guests, and 150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#335745 06/08/2025 05:14 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Manpot Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Just heard from someone their way in "nonsttop" from Miami to EIS.They couldnt land because of a wet runway here(??) circled til they were so low on gas they had to go to San Juan came back and circled three more times before landing..I know folks who were getting on that plane for the return..if they had a connection they would have been toast.That's why I'm still taking the ferry.

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 182
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 182
Just happened to us on May 1st.........long delay

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 638
Likes: 4
I
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
I
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 638
Likes: 4
Also happened to our friends on May 1st. They didn’t get home to Michigan until the next day. We left on the 9th and had no problem.

Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Likes: 9
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959
Likes: 9
Can happen and has happened to us recently too. Missed our connecting flight and would have taken the ferry in hindsight, but still prefer the option that avoids STT and the rude airport staff.


M4200 MANTA
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Manpot Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
I must say the airport staff at Stt T are not overly friendly but the rudest I have ever come across,anywhere in the World,is at San Juan.I used to fly tho there in the old days when you could connect with a very reliable American Eagle..but I experienced everything from rudenss to downright beligerance..throw in having stuff stolen from checked bags...and that put an end to that route for us.The amazing topper for me was waiting 45 minutes for a BLT after flying all night to be presented with..an LT.Without an apology the waiter snarled"Out of bacon"and charged me full price for a terrible lettuce and tomato sandwich!

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372
Likes: 11
Malcom, did they not tell you when you booked through SJU that the baggage handlers get their choice of anything in checked bags? It’s in their contract. We even had a camera stolen out of our carryon luggage when they stowed it behind the cockpit in the ATR.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5