Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,067
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 28
mahokid 27
erb923 25
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Posts: 152
Joined: August 2007
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
8 members (Billtjw, Oceans, BarbyandLeo, Rugo, Rumlover, Angelface, L'Attitude, 1 invisible), 418 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#339913 11/03/2025 10:12 AM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Likes: 2
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Likes: 2
I know this is the BVI forum but it's also the de facto chartering forum and I've asked Bahamas questions before...

I'm looking at Exumas for a charter in May and wondering if there were any adverse affects from Melissa this past week. I've been holding off making reservations until the hurricane threat has eased and I'm just about to get started.

Of course, any and all info/suggestions on Exumas chartering is welcome as well.

Thanks.

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238
Likes: 10
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238
Likes: 10
It passed over Long Island to the south as a cat 1. Likely some tropical storm affects on Great Exuma / Georgetown, but most people charter the northern half of the Exumas for a week-long charter. Doubt there were any significant impacts up there. It was a fairly condensed storm.

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Likes: 2
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Likes: 2
Thanks

Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 71
T
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
T
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 71
I will be there on Saturday and can give you a report when I return. Also open to any questions. This will be my second charter in the Exumas. Matt W has been a couple of times. He is the one that got me started on the Exumas and he set this trip up for me. I loved it the first time. So much different than the BVI. Chartering out of Nassau, so will be in the northern Exumas only. From what I could see, the northern islands only saw tropical force winds.

Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238
Likes: 10
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238
Likes: 10
Love it @TRIM. Have a great time! @tmsxmsails, happy to chat if you'd like to talk Exumas. Send me a dm.

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Likes: 2
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Matt W
Love it @TRIM. Have a great time! @tmsxmsails, happy to chat if you'd like to talk Exumas. Send me a dm.

Sent you a DM. Thanks.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5