Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,066
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 28
mahokid 27
erb923 25
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
Colour1
Colour1
Westchester /NYC
Posts: 2,533
Joined: July 2011
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
7 members (charlie, jbutah, CarolinaSailor, Rumlover, Lucyann, KDE12603, 1 invisible), 396 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#340042 11/07/2025 11:18 AM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 264
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 264
I'm on a a mailing list of sum sort from Pusser's Rum. I can't imagine how that happened.😊

Yesterday I received an email from Pusser's that contained a profile of Charles Tobias who died on October 14, 2025.

No doubt it was glammed up, but even so,he was a helluva guy — did things that people like me an only dream about. I had no clue.


Tobias Profile

It's sometimes said about someone who dies that he (she) lived a life well-lived. I think we could definitely say that about Charles.

Pusser's grog tonight for cocktails - - with one big ice cube.

Sail on


Bill on Daniel Island
BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514
Likes: 78
An extraordinary life....worth Googling to read the obit Bill has posted about.Like many others I thought I knew about Charlie..now I realise I hardly knew a thing about an amazing character.Sadly another truly colourful, influential BVI character sailing off into the sunset..with a Pusser's Painkiller in hand...

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,303
Likes: 4
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,303
Likes: 4
Thanks for sharing…The Rest Of The Story about rum


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5