Traveltalkonline.com Forums

.


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,014
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 34
RonDon 33
mahokid 32
erb923 28
kim 18
Member Spotlight
SXMScubaman
SXMScubaman
Auburn, WA
Posts: 21,591
Joined: March 2009
Today's Birthdays
bugambilias
Who's Online Now
12 members (Jenni, tomp, TC42, IcedCarib, ronnieernie, DandG, Steve&Rachel, 5 invisible), 1,119 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#340474 11/24/2025 12:06 PM
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 58
F
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
F
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 58
Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find a thread. We are planning an April 2026 trip and I noticed that Navigare is now affiliated with Dream Yacht charters. The last time we chartered with Navigare, it went well but they were also their own company at the time. I don't have a great impression of Dream Yacht. Does anyone have any experience with Navigare post-Dream Yacht affiliation?

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 209
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 209
Likes: 2
Navigare and Dream have been vertically integrated since 2018.

I have chartered with both firms in the last 5 years, most recently with Navigare a few weeks ago.

Dream was not a great experience, but it was still a good one. We had a problem with our boat (FP42) and they swapped out the boat on the second night of our charter with a suitable replacement.

Navigare was also only a good experience. I must be foolish because I chartered another FP42 (price conscious group) and a similar steering issue affected our trip. This time we did not request a swap as it was manageable and we diddnt want to give up a day of the trip. They also sent us off the dock with no GPS data card (I know, we should have looked closer at the unit during the dock checkout), the autohelm was inoperable (no big deal) and a very short boat hook (very hard for some older people to pull a ball).

I have used most of the charter outfits over the years. ALL of them can have issues. We bounce around to meet the needs of our friends and family joining us. Lower cost can often time mean more problems, but not always.

This is why I ALWAYS use a charter broker. At least someone else is working to solve our problems while we snorkel or have fun. I have had very good luck and service from LateSail/SamBoat. Going on 10 charters through them and the two times I really needed them they came through. No extra cost to you.

Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 58
F
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
F
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 58
Thank you vitis104. Very helpful. I hadn't realized they were integrated for so long as when we chartered with Navigare in 2022 there was no mention of Dream Yacht on their web or emails.

Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238
Likes: 10
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238
Likes: 10
Samboat is also owned by the same parent that holds the interests in Navigare / DYC (PPF Group).

Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238
Likes: 10
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238
Likes: 10
And for what it's worth, I charter with Navigare in BVI because their prices are hard to beat. My experiences have generally been very positive. I will not charter with DYC in BVI, but I use them regularly in the Exumas. Your mileage may vary...

Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 58
F
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
F
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 58
Thanks Matt W.

Joined: Feb 2025
Posts: 27
Likes: 1
R
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
R
Joined: Feb 2025
Posts: 27
Likes: 1
Chartered with Navigare earlier this year and are booked with them for next February. Had no problems this year.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,025
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,025
we did navigare once, It was a total S-show. boat was non-fuctional. Went back to Hoizon.

Last edited by hallucination; 12/01/2025 07:50 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5