|
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 769
Joined: January 2003
|
|
|
14 members (loislynn, SXMScubaman, lcote, SXMNAN, MamaB, RickG, FLCajun, socamon, Susieville, DavidMartha, S/Y Mockingbird, 1995nmc, geomo, 1 invisible),
399
guests, and
60
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 957 Likes: 9
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 957 Likes: 9 |
Yes! We just reserved the party and passports for the group. Moorings 4200 "Manta".
M4200 MANTA
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388 |
Not sure I understand how it works (maybe I am just daft) and I even watched the video. So you load the card then drinks are only $1? Are they specific drinks each bar makes for this reason? In the video he orders two "treasures" but then says he pays them like he pays anyone else- so are the drinks $1 or are we donating a $1 and then they cost the same as any other drink? I would love to do this for my upcoming trip but don't want to look like an idiot when I have no idea how to use it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,073
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,073 |
Pretty sure the $1 is the donation. When you go to a bar you show them the donation purchase a drink and they stamp you passport
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023 Likes: 5 |
Good old Dirk and Sandy from Catatonic / La Reve are running that page and program.
Cheers, RickG
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,303 Likes: 4
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 1,303 Likes: 4 |
I think I still have a copy of the Drinking Man's Guide to the BVI. Somebody should bring that back!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513 Likes: 78
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,513 Likes: 78 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2021
Posts: 388 |
Thanks- Is each bar making a special cocktail for passport holders? That's kind of what it seemed like in the video....if not, I think they should! Added incentive to get into the program!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,073
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,073 |
Dirk is on charter. He will chime in when he gets a chance to answer questions
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457 Likes: 2 |
I thought the same thing, reminds of a version of the Drinking Mans guide. With a beneficial twist though!
Toast.......to Life; White Bay...heaven on earth. Diane
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457 Likes: 2 |
I thought the same thing, reminds of a version of the Drinking Mans guide. With a beneficial twist though!
Toast.......to Life; White Bay...heaven on earth. Diane
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 957 Likes: 9
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 957 Likes: 9 |
We already drank the Kool-Aid (pun intended) and ordered passports for ourselves and coming guests and plan to be at the April 19th party. I really appreciate Dirk adding the much needed boating safety angle.
M4200 MANTA
|
|
1 member likes this:
LauraTheTshirtGal |
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 2 |
Have the best time at the Saba launch party.
This is a very neat initiative spearheaded by brilliant passionate people. Wishing you all huge success .
Will be getting my “ passports” upon our return in January ❤️
Kim
|
|
1 member likes this:
MrEZgoin |
|
|
|
|