|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,072
Members27,641
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 1,390
Joined: January 2003
|
|
|
17 members (Rumlover, Kennys, Compskier, 2tannedfannies, RickinAtlanta, Allison731, steve74, SXMScubaman, dayhiker, RickandJulie, 7 invisible),
425
guests, and
52
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349 Likes: 3
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 4,349 Likes: 3 |
Savanah Beach was a bit rough yesterday. I went there and swam for a while and then fell trying to come out of the water. There is a bout a 1 ft sand rise where the waves break very near the shore. I could not get up and needed help in getting up.
tpcook
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 632 Likes: 4
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 632 Likes: 4 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78 |
Tragic indeed and a warning for all of us to be careful in the ocean. I have seen many close disasters especially at CGB with a north swell and cruise shippers especially running headlong into the water.In forty years of surfing I had several close calls and, now I am older and maybe wiser, I am more cautious when mother nature is stirred up.I do hope the good folks on VG are doing everything they can to help that grieving family..and thanks,once again, to VISAR for their amazing diligence.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 325 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 325 Likes: 1 |
I have that same problem I am not as spry as when I was younger. I have wondered if the walking sticks would help with getting up and navigating out of the waves.?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910 Likes: 4
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910 Likes: 4 |
I have that same problem I am not as spry as when I was younger. I have wondered if the walking sticks would help with getting up and navigating out of the waves.? I had the same thought and wondered if hacking old ski pole baskets would provide more "grip" Really tragic news.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,494 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,494 Likes: 5 |
Certainly a tragedy and a reminder of the need for caution. Just thought I'd point out that it's a 2 year old story.
Dan
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,922
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,922 |
Why would someone post a two year old story and say it happened yesterday? Seems rather odd to me.
[color:"red"] FRAN[/color] "Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 11,613
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 11,613 |
Why would someone post a two year old story and say it happened yesterday? Seems rather odd to me. It was originally posted 2 years ago, another post brought forward.
|
|
|
|
|