Just a few quick comments on 2 great weeks on the "Friendly Island. Arrived 1/20 and had reservation for Royal Islander for 1/21. They didn't have anything for 1 night so they sent me to Maho. Ouch!! $294 for 1 night. Had it not been almost midnight I would have looked around a little more. RI was great. All new after Lenny and very convienent for nightlife. Stayed in a Villa in the lowlands the second week. A little hesitant driving back the first night around 11pm but security guard and cameras eased that. Never had a problem.<br><br>Beaches: Did Cupeacoy all first week but it disappeared about Sat. 1/27. Went over to Orient and ran into some great people from this board. Joe(Washonecar) Contessa and Sword, Don and others I can't remember(sorry!) Oh Contessa!! The 6 foot blonde with legs up to her armpits!!<br><br>Rental Car: Used Alian (Triple A) again for the 3rd time and again good service at a good price with nice car.<br><br>Restuants: First week kind of took it easy around Maho area and not much "fine" dining. Second week did Bananna's. Met Bob and had a great meal at a good price. Very nice guy. Did Piccalo's (sp?) Good as usual. Tropicanna at marina Thurs. night. Second year in a row sub par food. May take it off my list for next year. Had always heard about Alabama's but didn't try it until this year. All the rave reviews are accurate!! Absolutely the best meal I've had in 11 trips to SXM.<br><br>Went to Sunset Beachbar a few times and met Neil. Great guy. For some reason I had a terrific headache the next day. Don't know what caused that!?!<br><br>50 weeks and counting!!<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Administrator on 2/14/01 02:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>