Who - My wife and I. This was our third visit in 6 years.

To reduce repetition, here is a summary of our daily routine. Wake, swim, coffee, walk the beach (picking up trash), coffee, breakfast, lounge, beer, swim, beer, lunch, lounge, swim, beer, nap, shower, drink, dinner, beer, sleep.

Here are some tidbits and deviations from our daily routine.

Travel - We flew AA from BDL to SJU and then the Eagle to Tortola. Smooth all the way. We then taxied from Beef island to the Jolly Rodger and caught our launch to JVD. A quick ride from Great Harbor to White Bay and we had our feet in the sand by 2:30. Returning (which is always unpleasant due to the lack of the adreneline rush of anticipation) by the same route was uneventful except for a 3 hour layover in SJU and a kicking, screaming, poking occupant in the seat behind me from SJU to BDL.

JVD - Our arrival brought to an end 4-5 days of rain, so everything was lush and green. Everyone was welcoming and as friendly as we recalled. The big topic of conversation was what I have dubbed "The Scar" on the western hills of the island. A fresh road has been carved into the hillside for eventual development of several parcels. Details are sketchy, but few islanders are pleased with the prospect.

Sandcastle - We were happy to see several familiar faces among the staff. Bruce & Debbie were traveling (Italy?) and were expected to return soon to finalize the sale and move out. We are sorry that we missed them. The place is in good repair, but could use a little sprucing and polishing. The sale transition has been a long process and has delayed some maintenance. The new managers have a long To-Do list and are anxious to get started. Our only facility complaint was a toilet tank that refused to fill. An outdoor shower is quaint, a malfunctioning toilet is annoying. We improvised.

White Bay - Still beautiful and quiet except between 11:00 am and 5:00 pm most days. There was more traffic than I remember from 2 years ago. At its peak, there could be 20-25 large (40'+) vessels and the same number of small craft in the bay. Add some loud radios, a helcoptor tour, the Windjammer tenders, etc. and it's busy. It must be worse during the "high" season. Even the businesses are not that happy because most day trippers bring their own food and drink. Is White Bay the next Trunk Bay? It seems to be moving in that direction. When a break was needed, a stroll to Seddy's or Ivan's provided relief.

Dining - Most of our meals were taken at Sandcastle. A full breakfast every day starts you off in lazy mode. Lunches were tasty and filling. Dinners were good, and worth the price, but not memorable. A filet mignon and shrimp provencale stood out from the other meals. The Saturday night buffet at Foxy's ($25@) was good (Tip: Forget the bread and other filler.). We also went to Ali Baba's on a Monday for their "Pig Roast" ($23@). It included a salad, 4 side dishes, and a platter with BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, and some type of beef pot roast. Very good and plenty for the two of us.

Activities - Hike up hill behind Sandcastle. Snorkling at west end of the bay was very good. Kayaking. Lot's of beach walking.

Any questions?, please ask!

Anguilla July 2021