First I want to thank everyone for all the information that<br>was posted on this board. It really help us have a great time. Okay on with the trip report. <br><br>We flew out of San Diego (American Airlines) on a red eye thru LA to San Juan via Fort Lauderdale and then on to Beef Island. We were supposed to leave at 9:00pm, but when we got to the airport, we were told we could get on the next flight out. We jumped on this flight, only to watch our luggage sitting on the tarmac. This was funny, because if it came on the 9:00 flight it probably would have missed the LA connection as all the later flights out of San Diego were being delayed due to fog. We actually made all our connections (on time) and got to Beef Island as scheduled. To our amazement – our luggage was there. Great start to our trip. <br><br>We were met by a TMM representative and taken to Prospect Reef for a nights stay prior to boarding our Lagoon 410 – Seabreeze. We were a bit tired after the red eye flight, but everyone wanted to see the boat. So off we went to TMM to check out the boat. After checking in with TMM it was back to hotel for nap and then cocktails. Went to dinner at C & F – good food – very expensive. Big tip here – share a meal - The plates are huge. My husband ordered the chicken BBQ style and he was served a plate that had 2 huge (4 split) chicken breasts. We were eating chicken quesadilla’s for days to come.<br><br>Sunday the girls went off to provision as the guys went to the boat briefing. Provisioning was done at Bobby’s – We really did a pretty good job of provisioning except we purchase too much hard liquor. For 6 people we spent about $320 on food and another $300 on liquor. Had a lot of hard liquor left over (no beers). We ate dinner 3 times on the boat and had breakfast every morning and lunch 5 of the 7 days on board.<br><br>Got out of Road Town about noon and headed over to Norman Island. Got a mooring (a little too close to Wille T). Snorkled the caves. What wonderful water and fish. Had dinner at Billy bones and then off to Willie T. Its true what people say here, you need to watch the alcohol consumption on that first night out. It really kills the next day. <br><br>Monday found us revisiting Road Town as one of our crew was experiencing a severe ear ache. So she got to experience the BVI medical facility. As she describes it, you get in line, take a number, they call your number, you give them your name, take a seat, they call your name and weigh you and take your blood pressure, then take a seat. Then they call your name and you get to see a doctor (this is about an 1 ½ later). The doctor looks at your ear and writes a prescription to see the nurse to have it flushed, you take a seat again until the nurse can see you, then the flush doesn’t work so you take a seat again until the doctor can see you. 3 hours later you are out of there. Not too dissimilar to home. This was a good day to be hung over as I didn’t miss much.<br><br>After the morning in Road Town we head over to Cooper Island to find we are too late to get a mooring. You really need to be there prior to 1pm to get one. So its off to Marina Cay to see about a ball. Opps, too late, so were stuck in Trellis Bay.I didn’t particularly like Trellis Bay as it had an unpleasant odor to the air. There were some very cute shops to check out here. Decide to cook on board this night. We were suppose to rendezvous dive with UBS Dive from Coopers on Tuesday, but had to call and change locations. <br><br>Tuesday am we met Tony from UBS dive at the Trellis bay market dock – had a wild ride from trellis to UBS dive center in the back of the pick up. Trust me you don’t want to experience passing a vehicle while sitting in the back and have him swerve towards your car because he doesn’t want to be passes, or have a large truck in front of you who’s about to hit an overhead electric wire. Too much fun. Get to UBS and off to the Wreck of the Rhone for diving. Awesome dive. It was so cool to swim thru the Rhone and the fish were amazing. We saw a spotted eagle ray, numerous barracuda, and so many other tropical fish it was just fantastic. <br><br>After diving on Tuesday we deadheaded up to the North Sound and pulled a mooring in Bitter End. Explored the resort as well as kayaked over to Biras. Both are beautiful. Had dinner aboard this night as well. <br><br>Wednesday we decided to spend another day up in the North sound, but we mover locations. We spent the early afternoon on Prickley Pear Island. One of our crew kite surfs, and this was a good location to take off from. We were absolutely alone on this beach (which was pretty amazing as there was a restaurant and a boutique located here). We sat on beach chairs and just read for a couple of hours. The boys took the dingy around the entire island. They had a great time.<br><br>Wednesday afternoon, we went over to Leverick bay and got another mooring. Explored the bay, and went ashore for dinner at the Light house. Everywhere we went it seemed to be so deserted. Not much business going on the week we were there. Dinner was good had the pasta and it was fantastic. Friends raved about the pesto grouper. <br><br>Thursday found us at the baths. No swells and it was absolutely beautiful . Down side to this place is too many people. We hit it just a little too late in the am. After the baths, we found a mooring at Coopers and enjoyed the beach and bar in front of the resort. Saw a couple of turtles and did some snorkling at the point. Dinner was ashore at Cooper Island resort, good food and drink. Its true what everyone says about taking ½ the clothes and twice the money. Dinners are expensive. <br><br>Friday we went over to JVD. First part of the day was spend on Green Cay the off to White Bay. I have to say I love White Bay – It is so beautiful. The only down side is the booze cruise cat’s that pull right up to the beach. Had a cocktail at soggy dollar bar and sat in a hammock for a while. <br><br>Off to Little Bay for a mooring and dinner at Sydney’s Peace and Love. We pull into Sydneys in our dingy and were met by Sydney. He goes on to explain that the bar is over there. Make your own drinks and keep a tab of what you take. This was so fun. Dinner was lobsters and shrimp and ribs. Everything was fantastic. Lobsters were tender and sweet and ribs melted in you mouth. Again not cheep – 6 of us $265. <br><br>Early morning sail over to Cane Garden bay – lunch ashore was reasonable and good, but did get a few no see um bites. The last night found us in Sopers Hole. Cute town, good shopping and nice Pussers bar. We cooked on board this night as we had food left. This was the windiest day. Winds were blowing all night and left us rather sleepless. Up in the morning and off to Road Town for a quick clean up and off to the airport.<br><br>Our travels home found us on time at every stop (and we had lots). American did a great job.<br><br>Just a quick round up on a few things.<br><br>TMM – absolutely wonderful service. Matt took care of us and he was a great guy to work with. In and out of the dock with out any problems. Boat was in great shape. Nothing was wrong with it. Everything worked well. <br><br>Sea Breeze – Lagoon 410 – With 6 people, we had plenty of storage space. Never filled the freezer. Other than to maybe store extra ice. Cabins were great for sleeping, a little skimpy on storage for clothes, but leave ½ of it home. <br>Boat comes stocked with lots of things we didn’t need to buy at the store (dish soap, large trash bags, etc) also had binoculars and ours had clothes pins. As for sailing – the captain will have to pip in here (Dave post something).<br><br>We had two kayaks on board, we did do a lot of sailing, so never pulled both kayaks (thank goodness that one was free) and use them together. <br><br>UBS Dive – I would recommend them highly. Tony was great and we had a fantastic time. <br><br>Not to miss – Coopers Island, White Bay (before or after the booze cruise), Green Cay and Sandy Cay, The swing at Cane Garden Bay, Prickly Pear island, the baths (before the cruise ship passengers get there). <br><br>I have never been on a trip like this before and I have to say it was everything I had expected and then some. I am still wishing I was back there. Next time two weeks so we can spend more time just sitting on the beaches.<br><br>PS Dave - please add it where appropriate.<br><br>Steph<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Administrator on 5/11/01 02:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Steph