Arrived via Miami at Hewanorra International Airport about 2:00 PM, took the East Coast ride back to Ti Kaye. We stopped at a small store and bought a few cases of Piton and a couple 5 liter jugs of water. It did basically take the 90 minutes as advertised to get to Ti Kaye. First impression was it looked drier than I had imagined on the island. The driver said they’ve had a lack of rain this season. The drive wasn’t terribly bad as some had mentioned.

Arrived at Ti Kaye and they showed us to the bar for a complimentary drink as they checked us in. The driver took our luggage to our cottage. By the time we finished our drink they took us to our room and showed us the bed, bathroom, and shower. We had an ocean view cottage. The deck is amazing with a hammock, and rocking chairs. The view was pretty good as well. We relaxed and watched the sunset waiting for our dinner reservation at 7:00 PM.

Here I talk about dinner ($20-$24 per entrée and $6-$10 per appetizer) – it was GOOD. Every night they have a FISH, CHICKEN, and a MEAT.
We had the following:

TIP - to sit "outside" (i.e., on the outer section of the dining area) you must reserve it, we then reserved best table for the rest of the week.

Saturday – Appetizer – Seafood Gumbo (good flavor but not spectacular –disclaimer, wife from New Orleans ordered this) and Mushroom Pastry. Entrée Banana Stuffed Chicken and Rack of Lamb – both delicious.
Sunday – Appetizer – fried calamari (delicious) and Entrée of pan fried Mahi Mahi and pork chop
Monday – Appetizer – Chicken Spring Roll and Mussels; Entrée Ribeye and 7 spice chicken.
Tuesday – Appetizer – Stuffed Crab back and Fried Pork; Entrée, we both got the Creole Grouper.
Wednesday – they have a buffet and live entertainment, I would suggest eating a late lunch skipping this but some like it. This was a step down from the a la carte menu. Price is $30 pp.
Thursday – Appetizer – seafood chowder (very good) and Chicken Satay. Entrée we both got the tenderloin (very good)
Friday – Anse le Ray Fish Fry. This is a must do, although the drive there is not for the faint of heart.

Lunches (sandwiches $7, wings $8, hamburger $10)– ate lunch at the beach bar every day and it was great. Came with fries, salad and sandwich. I usually had the jerk chicken baguette or grilled chicken wingswhich also came with fries and a salad. The fish sandwich was good as well and the hamburger was HUGE. We heard a rumor the cheesy bread upstairs was to die for, we just couldn’t walk up those stairs twice in one day.

Breakfast was included in the room charge. There were a few options –
St Lucian Breakfast – stewed fish or fried fish cakes (tasted a lot like hush puppies with fish), Johnny cakes, eggs, pickled cucumber, toast, cocoa tea (try it if you get this and get back to me).
English breakfast – Eggs, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, baked beans, fried tomato and toast.
American Breakfast – Pancakes or French Toast and bacon or sausage with toast; OR Eggs, bacon or sausage, cut potatoes and toast.
3 types of omelets – vegetarian, ham/cheese/onion, and cheese I think.

Then they had fresh fruit, pastries and juice you could help yourself to.

I tried all the breakfasts and they were all good, had the st Lucian twice, English once and American the others, the wife had the omelet and American breakfasts. They were a perfect size to start you off for the day.

The birds like to eat your food if you leave the table.

Tours:
Land and Sea – was a nice tour, saw the Pitons and Soufriere. Went to the botanical gardens, and drive in volcano, had lunch at a local restaurant then had a drink at Ladera. There is a great view at Ladera, this is a must. Then we did a cool water waterfall. All in all this was a good trip, the botanical garden was nice, the drive in volcano was so so, the waterfall was pretty cool, lunch was good and Ladera was great.

Snorkeling to Anse Chastanet – this was very good, the snorkeling was great.

Sunset Cruise – this was very good, too bad the sun set behind clouds

Beginner Scuba lesson and dive – this was incredible, Mary, the instructor was great and the dive is unbelievable, will be hard to go back to snorkeling. I ended up doing another dive the next day with Petris, another dive master, he’s great. The wife loved it as well and she wasn’t sure if she wanted to do this.

Anse le Ray Fish Fry– great food and drink with a festive atmosphere. We had a crab back, steamed mahi mahi, bowl of shrimp and delicisous fried fish cakes between Johnny cakes. The drive there was pretty scary because the driver was driving REALLY fast down the mountain, not sure if this was the norm but it was a bit much.

Ti Kaye Beach – Ti Kaye has a nice beach, it can get pretty crowded with locals on the weekend and in our case a holiday. I don’t blame them, it’s a great beach. The other days it is pretty much all Ti Kaye guests. We didn’t have any problems with Vendors, a few came up to us but we weren’t interested and they didn’t push. The snorkeling is pretty good on each side of the bay, perhaps slightly better on the right side of the beach. The sand is VERY hot.

The Staff – The staff is great, they are very friendly and they get to know you by name. Teresa was so very nice, as was Gus, Merlinda, Victoria, Ingrid, to name a few.

The resort – we loved it, it may not be for everyone. There isn’t much of a night-life it is pretty secluded, and it is very much in nature. We never had an issue with bugs in our room, we did have a couple of . We made a point to shut our wind...]Click View photos without signing in...

[Linked Image]