Rain, rain go away! Wednesday July 26th

The morning started off with an abundance of broken clouds but not as breezy as the previous day. We took a brief walk, just on the beach in front of Club Orient, as both of our feet were a bit sore from walking barefoot the length of the entire beach the day before. Hopefully we’ll resume our walk tomorrow morning. After a quick trip to the Club store for breakfast items we ate raisin brand and drank coffee on the bench table of our studio. I had asked the office to again check on our Internet connection, which still wasn’t working (I’m catching up with these reports today, Wednesday, since they fixed it) and as we ate two repair men came out to work on it, very quick response to my request. As they worked the rains came and my wife had to come inside to finish her breakfast. After removing the router and connecting me directly, I had access to the net and was in business for email, surfing and these trip reports.

The rain turned out to be a brief shower so we headed toward the beach and enjoyed a few hours with our friends who were departing today. As we said our good byes until next year, the rains came back, though with enough of a lull for us to head over to Papagayos to share a burger and fries for lunch and then walk back to the Club store to purchase cheese, sausage and French bread for dinner tonight. We had bought several bottles of Bordeaux the day before and are looking forward to enjoying a bottle tonight with dinner.

It has been raining steadily since 2 pm or so and from the looks of the weather maps online we will “enjoy” a tropical front for the rest of the evening. It is thundering as I type this report inside our studio but my wife is reading out on the bench table which, due to the wind direction, does not seem to be getting wet. Oh wait, she has been chased in by the lightning and will continue her book on the couch of our studio. I know most will say that a day of rain in St. Martin is much more enjoyable than a day of rain at home. Though true, I’d rather be out on the beach. I mentioned to my wife, “bummer that its raining”, and she reminded me, “Yes, but we’re in St. Martin and have three bottles of wine in the fridge.” Hmmm, sounds like a fun night ahead!

Lancer