Saturday 5/9

After the boys woke up, we went to Isle Flotant (or SARL Thais) as the sign now says. Had a crepe with mushrooms, ham and cheese for myself, hubs had the omelette with bacon d cheese and the boy had a chocolate croissant cafe creeks for the adults, and fresh on for the kid. Total bill 23 €. 1€=$1.1.

Beach in front of the apartment (RonDon) we are staying at one of the Jolie Beach apartments. These are located right next door to the Rainbow.

After sever hours of playing and swimming we got hungry and walked the 10 paces next door.and had lunch. Tuna tartare for myself, nems escargot and accras for the hubby and chicken fingers for the boy. Washed down with a bottle of Clos Beylesse a perfect lunch.

The boys then took a nap while I continued to lounge.

A trip to simply for our supplies rounded out the day.

We had dinner at nameless pizza place, next door to Isle flotante. Not good, but whatever we were feeling lazy. Will try Aglio Olio for our next craving.

We went to bed early again. Such a tough life.

Sunday 5/10

Woke up around 7 to a cheerful little boy shaking me awake saying Mommy, Happy Mothers Day. Made coffee, sent the hubs down for croissants and baguettes and made breakfast in the apartment. Omelettes with aged gouda and lardons.

Several.more hours spent in front of the apartment in Grand Case.

Quick rainstorm drove us back to the house for a lunch of baguette sandwiches. Then spent the rest of the afternoon on the balcony.

My wonderful husband suggested Tastevin for dinner,and who am I to refuse. This is probably the boys fanciest meal to date.

Ken had french onion soup and the fois gras tourchon for dinner, I had the cold cucumber soup and scallop carpaccio. The boy had fish and pasta.

We finished off the meal with chocolate ice cream for the boy, creme brulee for Ken and the white chocolate dome for myself. I washed it down with some Centcinquantinaire Grand Marnier.

The boy had reached the end of his rope by this point, so I bought a round of drinks for the table next to us and high tailed it out of there.

As a parent, I still want to eat well, but it's tough to just shove your credit card to the server and say l'addition plus vite! Luckily I tip American style and don't care that it's more than I should. They deserve extra for a messy creatin like my son.

And so ends another wonderful day in paradise. Tomorrow will be another Grand Case day, but look out Club O on Tuesday, we will be invading, would have come by tomorrow, but I think Cheryl is still closed on Monday. Praying for a soft shell crab sandwich.

Until tomorrow, and thank you for putting up.with my rambling.