We found ourselves taking the short hike over to happy bay. This was our first time there and probably won't be our last. Our day started off with cooking breakfast in the condo and then after getting ready doing a mad dash through the place looking for the car key. I finally narrowed it down to the laundromat or the public restroom by the front desk of the hotel. We still don't know where it actually decided to jump out of my pocket but at least a good soul rescued it and turned it into the front desk. With that small catastrophe avoided we were finally off to the beach.

We packed a lunch with some beverages we had frozen the night before, and took a sheet to lay on the sand with our towels. We find ourselves packing really light this trip compared to past times on the island. We used to look like we were heading to the beach for a week not a day. I think I may just be learning how to relax and slow down a bit. My wife thinks I may be bored because I'm not always on the run. I haven't been bored, but I think sand gravity is kicking in. I do however wish I had brought our snorkel gear with us today as this was the first real clear day we've had, both in the sky and the water. Happy bay was about what I expected. There were about 4 or 5 groups when we got there and by the time we left about 10. We enjoyed the peace and beauty of this beach. On the way down we encountered a few people heading up. I guess folks make the trek all day long.

We found ourselves back at the Royal Palm Beach resort and I hit the pool for happy hour and the misses went up to shower and get cleaned up for dinner. I soon found myself at the swim up bar and teamed up with some people from Chicago for the music trivia game( our team was called the mobsters). We came in second and almost won the free round of drinks. Oh well time to get ready for dinner.

Since we hadn't really spent any money today we decided to head to skipjacks for some lobster. We are not big lobster eaters so the wife orders the surf and turf which came with a 10 oz new York and a 1 1/2 pound lobster. I ordered the terriyaki chicken. We shared, and the lobster and steak was cooked to perfection. I don't know how this place does it but we have never had a bad meal there and love coming back every time we're in sxm. total with 3 margaritas was $113.00.

Tomorrow may bring more beach time, or some shopping if the weather isn't perfect,