Mission complete! Wow what a trip. This trip was a celebration of my 40th bday. My wife and sister stayed in St. Thomas at the Point Pleasant Resort. My brother in law, D, and I Island hopped. It was truly a memorable trip in many ways. I feel like I had 5-6 vacations all in one trip!

First, a huge thank you for all the great info on the TTOL board. Its members are great people. I even believe I bumped into Manpot. Also, I had a huge smile on my face when I saw the TTOL picture board on the dock at Leverick Bay.

Also, this trip was indeed meant to be active. That is just my personality. I was usually awake at 5:30am and caught every sunrise – That can truly rejuvenate a person.

Day 1 – Friday 3/27. We flew Jet Blue and no complaints. We kissed the girls and split up. Cocktails and apps at the Petite Pump room. Then one ferry to Road Town. Followed by a second ferry to Spanishtown. Thanks to the customs liason for moving us to the front of line so we could make the ferry. We taxi’d to Leverick Bay and enjoy the Friday night BBQ. We busted out laughing when we noticed a Playboy magazine in the room. This is going to be fun.

Day 2 – Saturday – 3/28 We got a 2 person kayak for the day from Blue Rush water sports. Nice guys. Pretty much go out and pay when you come back. We had a 7 hour trip that was filled with fun. While paddling out to Sandbox at Prickly Pear, we were mesmerized by a yacht named, Samahdi. So much so, we ended up flipping over the kayak right in the middle of Gorda Sound. That line in that Chesney song will always have a new meaning…”I’m floating round through Gorda Sound.” Sat down at the beach at Prickly pear with cocktail in hand (thanks Larry) and was awe-striken by the beauty of the place. Next was Saba Rock, then Bitter End Yacht Club. Now, D and I had the pleasure of meeting Aline, the bartender, behind the bar. It was an absolute pleasure spending time with her. She is a jewel. If you make it out to BEYC, please tell her Mike and Derek said hello. Last stop was Fat Virgin for a late lunch – chicken Roti – yum. We then paddled back to Leverick and had cocktails and laughs at the Jumbie bar with fellow travelers. Meet 2 great guys from Chicago, who invited us onto their sailboat for painkillers. Thanks for the tour guys. Sorry we did not sail with you guys to Anegada. Our schedule was tight.

Day 3 – Sunday 3/29 I have always wanted to get to Anegada and it has finally going to happen. We ferried it and got a car from Dean Wheatley – great gentlemen. Wow… Anegada… going back in time. We visited flash of beauty for snorkeling, then big bamboo for a morning rum punch. Then Cow Wreck…. Holy crap… look at all those shades of blue. We spent hours there looking at that beach and conversing with couples, who we would end up meeting up with later in the trip! I talked with a nice gentlemen who lived in Tortola and CA. He explained his past to me and how he came about his island dream. I believe this was Manpot. Thanks for the advice! We then stopped at the Anegada Beach club for apps and drinks. Nice spot. The staff were friendly and happy to see us. It then became interesting as we traveled down a seemingly solid sand road near pomato point to scout a tent location. We I ended up getting our jeep stuck. (the 4 four wheel drive was not functional on our jeep.) I had my shovel and did my best, but could not get it out without 4 wheel drive. Dean was awesome, he said no problem, picked us up, gave us another vehicle…. Wow truly enlightening. Dean, I hope you and your wife enjoy dinner on me. Thanks friend. We had dinner at Neptune’s which was great. We setup our tent between Neptune’s and Pomato point and slept like babies.

Day 4 – Monday 3/30 – Early wakeup. We had a flight via VI Airlink from Anegada to Beef Island. The airport at Anegada was something to behold. The look on D’s face, when we pulled up and only chickens were around was priceless. The flight was amazing and lasted 9 minutes. Arnold (AC) was waiting for us on Beef Island and Drove us to Myett’s. We spent 2 hours enjoying breakfast, swimming, and simply enjoying Cane Garden Bay. Arnold then picked up and a quick pit stop at Bomba’s and onto the JVD ferry. Got off the ferry and headed to sugar and spice. I big huge with Joan, it’s been years! We then hiked to Ivan’s. Love the new place, but I really missed the honor bar. Darlene and Dorian are great, but I missed the old days. Setup our tent down the end near pink house. This is where we met our special friend for the next 2 days: an island dog, possibly black lab, named Lee. Lee followed us EVERWHERE. Then introduced D to the Soggy Dollar, Olga at Gertrude’s (another hug) and finally to One Love. This is a special place. Made some new friends. Always great people at One Love. D and I enjoyed talking to Seddy. We also put our 2015 VIBT tab on the wall. I explained that we would be back the next day with our wives (they were going to visit JVD) Dinner that night was good, old fashioned military MREs (meals ready to eat) Priceless. Had a couple cocktails in Great harbor. Good night.

Day 5 – Tuesday 3/31 – 40th birthday. We were up at 4:30am and hiked from white bay, along the ride line across the top of JVD and all the way down to great harbor. Yes, Lee the dog followed us the whole way! Sunrise and vistas spectacular. We met the girls at the ferry and hiked back to camp. We spent the day in white bay, where Seddy proved to me why he is such a kind, true guy. He is truly a friend and seemed so pleased that we honored our word of coming back. Until the next time friend. Later we went to great harbor and dinner at foxy’s. This is the only time where the service of the whole trip lacked. We had a group of six. They served 3, 20 minutes, then the 4th, 15 minutes, then the 5th, 10 minutes, then the 6th. The food was great, but were having kitchen issues. The manager was very understanding and assured me they would get it right.

Day 6 – Wednesday 4/1. Breakfast at Soggy Dollar. Then we went to Taboo. The plan was to go to Little Jost and the B-line, but the seas were rough, so swimming was out. We decided on the bubbly pool, which was fun instead. Drinks at Taboo and then we headed to STJ on the ferry. We got our rental a car from Sunshine and then setup the tent at Cinnamon Bay campground. Simply awesome. St. John is simply beautiful and lush. Dinner at Joe’s Rum hut and cocktails at all the usual spots. We especially enjoyed joe’s and castaways – great guys.

Day 7 – Thursday 4/2 – Girls meet us for breakfast at Cruz Bay Landing. Awesome food. We beach hop. Cinammon, Maho. Lunch at Tourist Trap. Drive to East end. I called capt Peter at Angel’s rest but could not hook up, so next time on that. We then introduced the girls to “St. John Happy hour” followed by apps at Cruz Bay Landing and Dinner at the Fist Trap. Great meals.

Day 8 – Friday 4/3 – D and I hike Peace Hill/Dennis Bay and then do Lindt Point to soloman and honeymoon beaches. I rewarded him with the breakfast buffet at Caneel Bay Resort. Man that was good. Fresh to order pancakes! Guava juice. It was good Friday so it was difficult to find cocktails, so we drove around the island a little and then took the 2pm ferry to red hook to surprise the girls. We hiked from Red Hook to Point Pleasant. The girls were in town shopping. No problem we chilled by the pool. I walked around and checked out the soon to be Margaritaville resort. That is going to be nice. Dinner was at Bella Blu in Frenchtown – had awesome snapper. We spent a late night in Red Hook bar hopping and then we all crashed.

Day 9 – Saturday 4/4 – day to leave. We clean up the condo and head to the Best Western Plus Emerald Beach. Enjoy a few hours of beach time and then jet blue it back to Boston, where is was 36 degrees. Welcome Back.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Yes it was awesome, active, exciting. Thanks for reading.
Take care,
Mike