We just got back from a nice weekend in Miami. I thought I would post a short trip report. We stayed at the Ocean Palms on Collins ave, in Sunny Isles. Interesting place. Built in the 40's. Trump Towers going up next door. Another condo going up to the south. It won’t be long until there is one here too. I understand the latest offer was for 30 million, but the owner’s in no hurry to sell. It was small, clean and newly painted. Beds were comfortable. Definitely “nude friendly” as others have said here on TTOL. It is walking distance to Haulover.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Friday night we went to Wolfe Cohens Rascal House on Collins near 172nd, another Miami icon soon to be replaced by condos. Great NY style menu, with the old steel bowls on the table, with pickles in them. We enjoyed the atmosphere, and just imagined what is was like to be in Miami in the 50's.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Saturday we went to Haulover. We got there early and got a place up front by the water. I couldn’t believe that by noon, there was barely any place to put a blanket. The one mile nude section was packed. It was a gorgeous day, with temps in the 80's and a light breeze from the East. Water was warm and calm in the morning but got a little rougher in the afternoon. We saw some people we recognized from last years visit, and met some new friends too. Had a great time, the new showers are not finished yet but they look like they could be open at any time.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
We had dinner at the Rusty Pelican on the Key Biscayne side of the Rickenbacker Causeway Saturday night. 4 weddings going on there, and still the service and food was excellent. Not too pricey for what we had and seeing where the location was directly across the bay from Miami.

Sunday morning we woke to a torrential thunderstorm, had breakfast at Dennys and tried the beach a little later. Rain had gone but the wind was honkin’ at about 20 miles per hour, so we packed up and headed home. It was a nice getaway to relax and sneak out of town for a while and got to experience some of old Miami before it is all gone.