Trip Report April 14 – 28

SORRY FOR DELAY GOT BUSINESS WITH WORK STUFF

Flights and SXM Airport

INBOUND: Flights were uneventful and we arrived in SXM on time. Customs inbound was smooth.

OUTBOUND: After almost taking all of our clothes off to get thru security we found most stores closed
After security. Then found out the plane was not in an would be arriving late. The board said On Time Departure. The plane was 1 hour late. We finally boarded, the flight was
Uneventful and very quiet as all the relaxed and weary travelers had a nap. We got into
Toronto at 430 in the morning. The Canadian Customs we are allowed to bring back $1.95 of stuff compared to the Americans. They cleared everyone fairly quickly…maybe it was the time of day and they were tired.

CAR RENTAL AND HOTEL
Michael from Unity Car Rental met us and we were off. People were still waiting for cabs and we were on our way to the grocer store. Check in at Maho was a breeze and
We even got the suite we requested on the manifest.

After the unpacking and a nice Crown Royal we settled in for an early evening.

ORIENT BEACH

We were on OB by 9am and got sucked in by the sand gravity by 915. If you were On the beach we were the “Clampetts” Beach Umbrella, air mattresses and cooler.
Met many great people including some from back home in Nova Scotia.

Damn sand.. got sucked into the vortex every morning. I was the proud idiot That got smashed after two of Willie’s crownies at happy hour. Lisa ended up Driving us back to the hotel.

We got tired of blowing up the air mattresses so we folded them and squeezed them into the back of the Picanto. Really quite a site.

We had one morning of rain and all the nude bodies scrambled for the Perch and Willie accomodated everyone with strong drinks. Lisa had two and was finished for the rest of the day LOL.

Tried to squeeze in one last day the the beach as our flight was scheduled to leave at 930 pm. The wind was cool and blowing and the sky overcast. After eating half the beach we headed back to get showered and changed into our travel clothes. The terminal
Was a little hectic. Transat decided to send a smaller plane…therefore all the people with Pre-booked seats were wild as they were shuffled to accommodate the new seating plan.

SHOPPING

Well I am sure every gent on this site has heard the word "UPGRADE".
I became aquainted with the word and Ken at Shoppers Haven was excellent in relieving my wallet of some hard earned cash. Lisa left with a big smile on her face and flashed me the ring every opportunity. Got a great big THANK_YOU when we got back to hotel.

POLICE AND TOWING

On our way back to the car from Shoppers Haven..IT WAS GONE. We had to go to the police station and wait for over an hour for the non-english speaking tow truck driver to pick us up. What is weird..we got no ticket from the police and no receipt from the tow truck driver. Another $65.00 into the SXM economy from Michael and Lisa.
I would suggest this might be the best scam ever..we parked in the same spot for over a week when we were in town.. BUT we found out that the tow rucks are on the streets when the cruise ships are in..Make Sense!!

ROADS

The roads are the roads and gives us a great experience . EVERYTIME.

Restaurants

Paris Bistro - Yuck had French onion soup which turned out to be onion gravy..too thick and tasteless

Le Charolais - Met Francois (AKA Sparkle Baby) and Sha Sha. The lobster Bisque was incredible. Lisa had real French Onion Soup…Yummy

Bajatzu Steak House - Incredible - see restaurant report

NEXT TRIP

We have put a deposit on a condo (not timeshare) for Oct 13 - 27

What is it about this island that works like a Magnet

The Countdown has started!!!

Michael and Lisa

We love being guests of this paradise.

Cheers

Michael