Day 1 - Wow!!! Strange things do happen. We arrived at ORD on Thursday to find out our flight to Miami was going to leave too late to make our connection to SJU. I went to the desk and complained and they put us on the direct flight ORD/SJU. I didn't book this originally as it was about $200 more than going thru MIA. Knowing it was a late change, we knew our luggage would probably not make it to SJU that day. No problem as we normally pack a couple of days worth of stuff in our carryons. Got into SJU, filed lost bag report. Made it to the Holiday Inn Isla Verde 2 hours early. Did snacks & drinks at the Italian rest. I would highly recommend this hotel if you have to do an overnight in SJU.

Day 2 - Went to the airport early on Friday to see if luggage had arrived. Lo and behold, it was there!!! AA even forwarded it to St. Kitts Bradshaw Airport and I did not have to lug it upstairs to check in. Flight to SKB very packed. Arrive and find out they sent our luggage by another plane. Waited about 2 hours in the airport for luggage. Finally got it and a taxi to Ocean Terrace Inn. Stop at IGA for room supplies and finally get checked in around 6 p.m. West Indies buffet at OTI and Coronets steel band. Quiet and early evening.

Day 3 - Sitting here on the balcony of our room at OTI using the wireless connection. Contemplating a swim and a walk to town as it is so close. Will probably not get a car until Monday. Need some quiet pool time to decompress. More later!!!!