Rather than post a traditional report, I thought I'd share a few lessons/impressions I took from my 10 days in the islands.
As you may have already read, my non checked bag got lost, then our transmission cone went out on our first day of sailing. Needless to say, the itinerary I was so anal about preparing went out the window....and what a blessing that turned out to be...

I have a new appreciation for sailboats, the wind, being barefoot, currents, sunscreen, saltwater, hats, ice, rainbows, bug spray, rum, stars, seclusion, giant turtles, showers under the stars, and air drying....everything.

I now know why ropes come in so many patterns/colors. I appreciate the importance of gloves, 2 speed winches and mooring balls that don't have smelly ropes(like at BEYC) I know the importance of a tight main halliard at bedtime, shortening the painter,and lowering the lazy jack. I appreciate water so clear that you can go LOOK at the anchor. I learned that the minute you laugh at someone for overrunning a mooring ball or dropping the ball hook in the water, it's going to happen to you.

I learned that I can't go below when under way and the medicinal qualities of Ginger Ale.

I learned why you really shouldn't throw food to the sea gulls from the boat, how ugly bird crap is and how hard it is to wash off of the blue canvas dinghy motor cover.

I learned that a wet dinghy motor handle will fly out of your hand, rip off a fingernail and plow into you leaving a nice colorful bruise. I learned that tanning hides bruises.

I know that sailing can be a sedintary vacation but NOT SO when you are "the crew". ...I will leave the running shoes and workout clothes behind next time for sure.

This trip differed so much from my previous trips to the BVI and in a great way. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to visit such a beautiful place.

I only took a few pics but will see if any are worth posting and do so later.

*********************************************************************************

We spent 3 nights in Nanny Cay, 1 night in CGB, 2 nights at BEYC, 1 night at Norman Island, 1 night at Diamond Cay, 1 night in Great Harbour and 1 night in Brandywine Bay.
We also stopped for lunch and/or snorkeling at Cooper Island, Marina Cay, Leinster Bay,and Soper's Hole.