Well, seeing as how Pam and I seemed to be the last ones off of the island on Sat. I can allow myself these three days to gather my thoughts. They will be brief. First of all I won’t name a bunch of names as I know that I will forget someone. However, I will thank Bill and Elaine for turning us on to Les Balcons. It is a lovely grouping of bungalows overlooking Oyster Pond with only a ten minute drive to Orient Beach. It is much cheaper than our usual choice of Club Orient which is really getting a bit pricey. I would also thank Michael and Lisa (St. Martin Lovers) for putting on a lovely party which turned out to be a great success.

We really stayed ‘on the cheap’ for eating on this trip. We stopped at a little bakery in Orleans every morning to have some sandwiches made to take to the beach. That negated having to eat lunch at the beach bars. Evening was ‘happy hour’ at the Dinghy Dock in Oyster Pond, a three minute walk from our bungalow. Someone on the board raved about their ribs. I concur. Another night found us at another Oyster Pond eatery called Big Fish. After well made cocktails at the bar we were seated at the outside deck. Pam and I shared a tomato, mozzarella, basil salad. I had a mahi dish with stuffed crab and a delicious sauce. It was totally moist, tender and flavorful. It is a dish that will be in competition on a food cooking show called Iron Chef. Pam had an Oprah Winfrey special which seemed to be various types of shellfish and fish in a bisque like tomato based sauce. She deemed it very flavorful. We shared a fruity sorbet and coffees.

I was really looking forward to meeting so many folks that I had been corresponding with over the years. Putting faces to names became a reality. I have felt so intimately connected with so many of you and now feel even more so. Some of you I have met at TTOL parties in the states and this trip was our first time meeting ‘on island’. I do believe that it was a fluke of timing that so many of us came together at this particular period. Some of you we will hopefully see again. Others we may never see. All of us will “see” each other on line. Boy, do we have a family, or what? Be well, all.

Wayne <><
(and Pam)