Sorry it took so long to get the second half of this posted. Life was starting to catch up with me over the weekend, and I actually had to work!

Anyways here is part 2, I hope you enjoy.

Thursday

Today we woke up still full from the day before, we didn’t even make coffee the only thing on the agenda for the day was going to be another glorious day of sunshine at Club O basking in the sun like fat and happy lizards.

We packed up and were at the beach early. We met up with the gang after a couple of hours of lazing under our yellow umbrellas. We drank a few red stripes, and I sent my honey down to Baywatch for another soft shell crab sandwich and some buffalo chicken strips to bring back to our chairs. We hung out pretty late lounging and swimming. Another wonderful day. It was then back to the room for a nap. Ahhhhhhh…..

After the festival of gluttony the night before, we were going to go very low key. I had to check in with one of my classes as well, so we decided to get take out pizza from Rancho del Sol, and jump on their WiFi while we waited for dinner. Their connection was quick, and so was the cook. I downloaded my assignment for the weekend and we were on our way back to the Studio in no time. We opened a bottle of wine we picked up a couple of days before, and had a light dinner while watching a few more episodes of Weeds. We called it a night shortly after dinner.

Friday

We woke up late today, which doesn’t usually happen for us on vacation. I cooked breakfast for the first time since we had arrived on the island. Usually I cook breakfast in the room every morning, but this trip we just didn’t feel like it. My honey had a bit of a rash from too much sun the day before so we decided it would be a good thing to just stay in, play some more games, and take care of the obligatory Ma Dou Dou run. We headed out to pick up our supplies, and found them open on our first try! We picked up our stash of banana vanilla, and found a flavor that we hadn’t seen before. Leche Coco, looked yummy and wasn’t that freaky blue color, so we decided to pick up a bottle of that to try as well. Ended up buying about 12 liters and the nice woman working in the store threw in an extra bottle of the leche coco for free. For those who are interested, they now have 2 different sizes of the painted plastic bottles. The smaller size is perfect for gifts, as it is not small, but not quite as large as the 1L bottles.

We had worked up an appetite shopping, and we decided to crack a bottle of wine and play a few games of farkle, and yhatzee. After finishing the wine, we decided to go grab some lunch. We hopped in the car and headed over to Kon Tiki as we were both having a sushi craving. We ended up splitting some sashimi and sushi rolls, and I topped off my lunch with a mojito. It was nice to be able to be in the shade, but still get to enjoy the beach for a little while, as it was truly a beautiful day.

We returned to our studio, and took a nap. It was incredibly relaxing, and we woke up to get ready for dinner around 7:30. We decided to go to Spiga for dinner, and were really looking forward to another great meal. Sadly this was a disappointment this year. It was honestly the worst meal we have ever had on the island. I won’t get into details, but from service to food, huge disappointment. We ended up cutting the meal short and didn’t order dessert. To salvage the evening, we stopped at l’Auberge Gourmand for dessert and after dinner drinks. The warm hospitality of Christophe and the excellent dessert and digestif’s made up for the previous painful couple of hours. We headed back to the studio for a good nights rest.

Saturday

We woke up refreshed and ready for another beautiful day at the beach. We had a little coffee on the balcony before heading out. On the way to the beach we stopped at Tap 5 for croissants and ham and cheese baguettes to take to the beach. We got set up in our usual spot and decided that the perfect compliment to our breakfast on the beach would be a couple of JP’s bloody mary’s. We sipped our cocktail and munched our breakfast with the best view in the world.

We spent the entire day lounging, and swimming and laughing with our new friends. We were out on the beach until around 6 again today. Life is good.

For dinner we were going out with our new friends, and Le California was the destination. There were 9 of us, including 6 adults and 3 kids. We chose California because we wanted something more casual and low key with the kids along. California fit the bill, with a great view, and stairs down to the beach so the kids could play while waiting for dinner. Food was decent, but the company was fantastic. I had the mussels with bacon cream sauce, and hubby had a pizza.

We were back at our room by around 10pm and called it an early night after each of us doing a little bit of reading.

Sunday

Up early again and out the door with a quick stop at Tap 5 for some yummy croissants and more ham and cheese baguettes for our breakfast on the beach. More bloody mary’s were on the menu as well, but this time we headed to Papaguyo’s for the drinks as we were sitting in a different location today. Still the same cast of characters as our previous days. It was SD’s last night on the island, and the last day at the beach, and after a few hours of sunning and laughing, SD brought a bottle of bubbly with them to the beach and we had a champagne toast to send off SD with a bang.

We headed back to get cleaned up for dinner and ended up at one of our old standby’s Tastevin. This was another fantastic meal. I had the lobster bisque, followed by the escargot in potatoes with melted brie, and then the veal chop with sautéed fois gras on top and the tempura strawberries for dessert. Hubby had the tourchon appetizer, followed by the main lobster and saffron clams, and then the rack of lamb; he also had the apple and rhubarb dessert. We finished off this excellent dinner with a glass of Grand Marnier Cent Cinqantinaire. The owner came around and gave us a second glass on the house. It was the perfect way to end an amazing day. Back to the studio for another great nights sleep.

Monday

Today was our last full day on the island, and we wanted to make sure that we were out on the beach by a decent hour. After some coffee on the balcony, we headed out to Club O, with a stop at Tap 5 for……croissants and ham and cheese baguettes! When we got to the beach, we arrived to find that some of our friends staying at Club O had saved us some chairs by them right by the Perch. They had also saved the rest of our gang chairs and in no time we were all together laughing, sunning and swimming away our last day on the island. We too had been saving a bottle of champagne to take to the beach, and what better day to toast but the last day. We stayed out on the beach till 5 or 6 again, and get all the sun we could manage for our last day in paradise.

We decided to scratch our plans of going to Sol y Luna in favor of getting another pizza from Bounty and packing as we had an early flight the next morning. We reflected on what a good trip it had been as we ate and packed, and decided that we like July the best out of all the different times of the year we had been. We met some wonderful people, and the weather was great. We experienced no crowds, and everything was open.

Tuesday

We woke up early as we had to be at the airport around 8 am. We dropped off our car and checked in at the airport in less than 10 minutes. We ordered a couple of paty’s from the bar/ snack bar upstairs while waiting for our plane. All of our flights were on time and we got home as scheduled around 9:30 that night.

It was another amazing trip, and we will be back next year. The only thing that made coming back less painful is our Jamaica vacation scheduled for December.