Trip Report … Sept. 20 thru Oct 4th.

First week was at the Sapphire and finally stayed in our room we upgraded to 3 years ago.
1 bedroom .. tower #3 8th floor , Ocean . Room was in good shape and new bedding had been put in. (Very comfortable we might add ) Hot tub actually worked .

Towers 1 & 2 where pretty much closed off for maint. and upgrades with just few being used. Grocery store on the lower level was open with new operators and the was pretty well stocked. A few things that need cleaning up on the grounds ( like the kiddie pool ) that were cleaned by the middle of the week. All in all the place was in pretty good shape.
No worse than some other places … but still could use some more attention. You can see they are trying. Some small things ( well if you call part of a ceiling falling down in one bathroom for one of the tenants ( a repeat owner ) a small thing.

Bought take out dinner a couple of nights at the Cupecoy Market and brought them back to the room to make at our leisure. They are pretty good and it is convieniant.

The first day brought rain from Kyle so we decided to try out the Karakter 000( ask them what the three zero,s are for) beach bar on Simpson Bay up past Mary’s Boon that someone here recommended.
We now know why they did … try it .. you will like it. Sunday afternoon is “locals” day to hang there. The beach chairs are free if you are sipping a brew or something from the place ( and we recommend the biterballen snack ) . Funny that one of the more relaxing beach atmosphere’s is right next to the airport. The beach there is very nice and you get a very good view of the planes when they land and then it is back to peacefull. Say hello to Jorrit & Marleen and try her mom,s apple pie but don,t ask for the recipe.

Of course the owners meeting was Friday at Sapphire … that is for another thread .
Thanks all for the support and I will try and clear up some things and tell it like I see it.

Moved on to Oyster the second week and this place was pretty near capacity ( for Oct.)
The staff really knows what they are doing there. Had a one bedroom this time .. Ocean view on the top floor .
I was able to get into the new construction area and I have a lot of pictures. It is getting there and will be ready by spring .. (depending on who you ask ) . The units are larger than the original construction , you should all like the size of the studio,s. Hot tubs and maybe pools are going in on the roofs of the time share units.
The Condo section has HUGE rooms and the rooftop should be a big draw.
I will post the pics . soon .

Spent a lot of time at Orient and went to Mike & Pegs wine and cheese party on Thursday at Fantastico. About a dozen couples came up from Club O and we hung with them pretty much for the rest of the week. Saw Alan and Colleen ( they are officaly married now ) and went on the trip with them ( a two boat day ) . Also met a young Polish couple (who live in thje US ) on there first trip and showed them the ropes of the island . They will be back , no doubt.

All in all a great trip ……. Thanks again Michael (Unity ) for the “beater” .. hope that handle works now and sorry for all the dirt on the car:)