11/10-up at 2:30am-car service picks us up at 3:30am. Flight departs EWR @ 6:00am-connection in MIA and then SJU and finally in Tortolla at 440pm. Go to meet the 6:00pm ferry to Virgin Gorda and find out its cancelled and have to wait until 8:00pm! Saw some people on the dock and asked where they were headed and find out they are going to Necker Island-oh well. I spotted a large barge and decide to ask them. They offered to take us to Spanish town –gave them $40.00 for the ride and a big thank you. We finally arrived around 6:00pm. 14 ½ hour trip-that’s crazy, but so worth it. (going home will be the doozie)

OK-now we are starving. Finally get a hold of Ray at Island Style BVI to pick up our jeep at the dock. Paper work went quickly and he even took us to our villa. (Mirabella on Windy Hill-nice home). The only problem with the car was it was not an automatic. My husband can drive a stick, but did not feel comfortable on those crazy roads in addition to driving on the left. Ray offered us an automatic if we call him in the morning- which we did.

We had a couple burgers at the Bath and Turtle which really hit the spot because we were so hungry.

11/11 had breakfast at Fisher’s Cove. Not very appetizing and VERY small portions. It came with potatoes and I had four pieces the size of a nickel. We did laugh about it. The bill was all wrong too. We were charged for three breakfasts when there was only two of us. I have to say the view is so nice and relaxing.

Went food shopping and back to the house to drop off the food and call the car company to switch the car to an automatic. They were there within a ½ hour to switch the car. We packed up and went to Savannah Bay.

Buffet dinner at the Mine Shaft was amazing! The ribs just melt in your mouth. Everything was so fresh. Loved the potato salad too!

11/12 up early to head to the Baths and Spring Bay. When we first arrived we were the only two people there. Words or pictures cannot express the beauty of this place. When we went home for lunch we had no power. We went back out to check out some places for dinner tomorrow. (10th wedding anniversary) Little Dix Bay then Giorgio’s. When we arrived at Giorgio’s we were surprised and sad to see the building collapsed down the mountain. We went last year and really enjoyed our meal. We headed back home and on the way we figured we would stop at the Barracuda for a drink. They didn’t know how to make a margarita and wanted me to wait until they find someone that can, I just said never mind. My husband ordered a pain killer which they poured from a pre-made Tupperware picture and only filled a small plastic cup ½ way. Then charged him $8.00.

When we returned home the power back on.

For dinner we ordered pizza from the Bath and Turtle which was good.

11/13 Happy Anniversary! Spent the day at Savannah Bay. Sophie (the local house watcher) filled a vase w/ fresh flowers that was so pretty. I thought how appropriate considering it was our Anniversary. We decided on dinner at the Rock Café since we both enjoyed this place last year. I made reservation and asked for a special table by the boulders, unfortunately they were not open in that area. A corner table up stairs was reserved for us. We ordered a bottle of wine and basically the bottle was just placed in the bucket and not poured even once for us. The service was terrible. My husband’s shrimp dish was awful. My lasagna dish was actually pretty good. We skipped dessert (believe me – that’s normally unheard of) because we couldn’t find our waiter and finally just waived someone else down and asked for the check. My husband was actually pretty up set because he wanted to make sure we had a special dinner. I told him as long as I was with him…everything is good.

We went home to get changed into more casual clothes and had a couple drinks at the Mineshaft. We thought that someplace would be doing something since it was a full moon. I know they had something at Leverick, but we didn’t feel like driving to the other side of the island.

11/14 We had a problem with the jeep starting in the morning. Sounded like a dead battery. I called the car company and again they were at our house in a 1/2 hour with another car. (The battery was corroded) 3rd jeep in 5 days, I have to say they were very good bringing the new jeep when we did have problems. These things happen.

Spent the day at Mt. Trunk Bay. We had chicken at New Dixie’s – yummie!

11/15 we had breakfast at The Top of the Baths. Very good. We took the ferry over to Biras Creek to have lunch at the Fat Virgins. It was not quite what I envisioned. Just a bunch of picnic tables sitting on a dock. The food was very good though. We were hoping to take a look at the property and look at the restaurant to possibly had a “do – over” Anniversary dinner, but they had signs posted only guests were allowed after a certain point. I am sure if we asked someone they would have given us a tour, but we didn’t want to spend too much time doing it because we wanted to catch the next ferry back.

11/16 this morning we went to St. Ursula’s for Sunday Mass. Lovely mass, music and people. After mass went to New Dixie’s for some breakfast sandwiches. Very good. I always laugh because in the BVI they always put lettuce with the egg and cheese sandwich, but it’s still good. Went to Mt Trunk Bay and Savannah bay.

Had dinner home and watched some football

11/17 Mt. Trunk Bay. (Yes, both Savannah and Mt Trunk are our favorite if you haven’t noticed-we have been to all the beaches).

Had dinner at L S L Bakery-VERY good. Actually one of our best meals this year,

11/18 Last full day :O( Wow, time sure flies when you’re having fun and relaxing.

Hit our favorite beaches for a farewell swim.

Had dinner at the Mine Shaft- we sure didn’t forget how great that food was at the beginning of our trip and we were lucky to hit this place another time. Awesome once again.

11/19 took the ferry back to Road Town and then a cab to Beef Island. Times were more suitable for our flights. We still had a couple hours to blow at the airport. We checked everything in and walked over to Trellis Bay to have lunch at De Loose Mongoose. (This has become a ritual for us). Very good food and relaxing atmosphere.

I have to say the flights home (just reverse the outbound flights) were a lot rougher than our outbound. I don’t mean rough turbulence wise…rough mentally. Just knowing we are going back to the cold…work and the rat race sure is a downer.

I still smile thinking about our trip –