Traveltalkonline.com Forums

. >


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,954
Posts342,080
Members27,641
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
erb923 24
mahokid 23
GaKaye 21
kim 18
Member Spotlight
tangerine3
tangerine3
Lutz, FL
Posts: 698
Joined: October 2006
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Who's Online Now
1 members (Janet SXM), 896 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#91877 03/27/2016 01:40 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 18
T
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
T
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 18
Hi All
Does SVI or USVI CI allow for overnight stays after checking out?
Also does BVI CI allow for check out at the time of check in if you plan on staying for 10 days?
Just trying to minimize the days lost to CI.
Any suggestions that don't break the law are appreciated.
Apologies if this already posted ... Search appears to be down. Or I am dense.
Cheers
Ian

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,213
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,213
You will not lose any days at C&I. You do not check out of USVI, so no worries there. BVI will not allow you to check in and out for 10 days.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 402
K
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
K
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 402
If you are on a charter boat from the USVI, BVI will clear you in and out at the same time. If on a private boat, not an option.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100
Historically we've checked in and out of the BVI for 7 days at a time. Have never tried going longer.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,023
Likes: 5
Consistently inconsistent, we checked in to BVIs on a private boat this month on a Monday. When I went to check out that Friday, it turns out we had already been check out. It pays to check.

I'm just so happy to be done with the check in process I don't do anymore than make certain that I leave with everything I arrived with. I've had to ask to have our boat docs returned multiple times. I never give them originals of our documentation.

Cheers, RickG

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 6,100
I had posted a procedure and forms for clearing into the USVI on the charter boat forum about 3 years ago. It's sticky at the top of that forum. However, 3 of the 4 links are now dead.

I updated that TTOL post with good links. You can find it here:

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/s...e=0#Post1690526

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,275
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,275
Likes: 192
Hi Twanger. The new post is now sticky.


Carol Hill
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 18
T
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
T
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 18
Thanks for the info and the links.
Going to print them out inadvance.
Cheers
Ian


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5