We wanted to make this short and to the point.

Travel. Delta[/b] both ways on time and 2 out of 4 flights early. No problem

Car Rental. Used Unity, this was the third time no hassles what so ever. Easy check out and easy check in. Due to me losing my mind, I told Michael I would have the car back at 11 but our flight was not until 3:25. I called an asked to have the time extended and Joseph said no problem. I arrived at 1:30 and was greeted by Michael. I said lets do a walk around and he said looks fine to me. The car worked fine and no damages occurred. Michael said lock the car everywhere but the beach. We had no problems as we stay at Club O and Orient is the only beach we use. The only thing that was missing on the car was air bags but we survived.

Club Orient. This was our seventh time staying there. When we checked in we were given Water Front #46. Since we had stayed at 46 before we requested a move. The girl at the desk said we would have to wait until Monday but we could move to 49. Monday could not come soon enough as 46 developed a horrible sewer smell and the music from Papagayos sound like it was in our bathroom. 49 was great. The staff all over the resort was helpful and friendly. We had not been there in 2 years and appreciated the shade over the tables at Papagayos.

Weather. We had everything clouds, showers and sun but always beautiful. The main inconvenience was the wind. We can never remembering so much wind. In the past we would go in the water to cool off but this year in was not the case. If you were away from the water it got hot but not at the beach this year.

Food. Let me say that my wife and I like restaurants with basic meat, seafood and potatoes dishes. We are not into gourmet food. So here is where we dined and our opinion on what we enjoyed the most.

Lunch.

Baywatch. Andy and Cheryl are the best. Mussels al Andy and Calms ala Andy are out of this world.

Papagayos. Great lunches. If you go you must try the wasabi mayo, not too hot just right. Heard mixed reviews for dinner. We did not eat there in the evening so I cannot comment.

Dinner: We will put the dinner restaurants in to 2 levels must return and may return.

Must return.

Tutta Pasta located in the Simpson Bay Marina. Best kept secret on the island. No ads, no signs just the BEST pasta dishes on the island. For all you Tutta fans Leon, the owner’s son is back working part time. Told Warren the owner he needs to get the word out. Just remember no credit cards.

Pineapples Pete’s. Great food and the best service on the island. The staff swarms over you to help you in any way they can. You must try the dark rum crème Brule. Asked for Kelvin he is what a waiter is supposed to be.

Talk of the Town (Lolo in Grand Case) 10.Euros for a plate of food, BBQ Chicken and Ribs and 3 side dishes. The food is good and they take cash 1 dollar to 1 euro, what a deal. No ambience but good food and cheap

May return.

Lee’s Roadside. Fish was over cooked and portions were small.

Toppers. Probably will try this again. Had grilled lobster ok but not worth the price. Service was excellent.

Greenhouse; Tried the new place - average food, good service. Tough place to park.

Activities: Did Peggy’s and Paul’s nude snorkel cruise. Great time – highly recommended. Will do a full report soon. One thought - you can’t compare to Tiko Tiko. It would be like comparing apples and oranges.

Construction. New round abouts are progressing. Got to give them credit, the people building the new ones are being built next to the existing road. They do affect traffic some. They are building a new brothel on the Dutch side across the street from the Seaman’s Club.

General comments:

Never felt unsafe and had one small incident. We wanted to stop at the SSBB for a drink. As we were passing the bar looking for a place to park, a group of youths were sitting on the round curb in front of the bar. As we passed the group, a man offered us drugs. At this point we would have had to pass them after we parked so we left. The owner of the bar should police this area. Other then that very small incident, we felt safe all the time. Go, enjoy just use your head.

To us the Island looked very dry; people say that they have had rain but still looked brown.

Traffic was worst then last time.

Never saw any traffic stops by police.

Saw much larger police presence. Saw more Dutch police this time then we have seen it the total of 6 other trips. French Gendarmes are expecting reinforcements.

Already booked for next year.

Thanks to Jim and Mary Rous for their help.