Flight down: Monday March 7

United from (5:30AM) Chicago to Charlotte to SXM (2:00) – All segments where actually early and we had about 1:10 between flights in Charlotte so it worked out perfectly. We parked at an extended stay lot in Chicago and for 10 days we parked for about $100 prepaid.

We had reserved a Nissan Versa from Triple A and since we arrived early they were not waiting for us. We were 30 minutes early and he showed up when we were scheduled to land. A quick drive to there place and they have no Versa’s so we ended up with a well-worn Kia SUV for $402 for 10 days. Left there and took the new bridge toward Marigot as we are staying in Orient Bay.

After reading about Simply we stopped at the U-Market in Marigot for groceries and then continued on to Grand case to meet Greg the property manager for Villa Comtese. He met us at the unit and was still cleaning it as the people before us didn’t leave until 2:30 instead of 11:00. It seemed like everyone was on island time on Monday. After 45 minutes they finished and we unpacked.

Starving as we woke up at 3AM Chicago time we headed into the village for dinner and headed to Le Piment. Crystal (sp) was off but everyone that filled in for her was wonderful. We ended up with 2 salads, Beef with Cambert, Spaghetti and Sea Bass and Shrimp. For Dessert a sorbet and Tiramisu which was to die for!!!

Tuesday, March 8th

Picked up croissants at the bakery which are heavenly. Afterwards headed to the beach and it was cloudy and windy. Walked the beach to check out the new places and was reading Aloha’s menu when Tony from Le Piment the night before recognized us and brought us over to Sun Beach clubber. We didn’t want to commit to a lounger so we got lunch. He remembered our drink order from the night before. Try the wings!!! Only complaint ‘Tip not included’ on the bill which is correct and different than service.

We ended up hanging by the pool and then it rained. They cancelled Harmony nights so we went into Grand Case and up at L’Escapade. Very nice dinner but expensive for the portions. We had two Caesar salads, frog legs, (2) filets, Rack of lamb (4 very small chops as I was still hungry) and Mahi Mahi. Everyone enjoyed their dish but 2 out of 4 was still hungry after having an appetizer and main dish. 2 Glasses of wine, 1 Soda and 2 water. $200 . They wrote on bill ‘Service not included’

Afterwards, we went to Le Piment for dessert.

Wednesday, March 9th

Croissants at usual and headed to see tony at Sun Beach clubber. Got 4 chairs and it was mostly sunny and really windy and rough. For lunch at Sun beach we had a burger (Very good), those awesome wings and (2) Caesar salads and they ran out of dressing with them. We will give them another chance with the salads. We didn’t eat much on the beach as the clouds came in and it got chilly. The check does say ‘Tip not included’ as I said above.

At night, we went to L P’tit Bistro in Orient which Val from the Old Bikini beach is a part of. Of course it was his night off. He has partnered with two very personable gentlemen who help run the front of the house with him and the food was wonderful. They tell jokes and just really treat you like family. One of our girls ordered a shrimp dish and he’s like I need to explain the dish to you. They come with the heads on. She made a face and he said, ‘No Heads for you’ and then said the sauce has a licorice liquour, another face, ‘But we can do…..’.

We asked another question, and his explanations reminded me of Le Piment. We of course kept the Cassar salads going (Very good dressing, Frog legs, Shrimp dish, Mahi Mahi, Rack of Lamb and a French potato dish with cream onions and bacon!!!! It was not nearly as heavy as it sounds.
For dessert, they split the molten chocolate cake. Dessert in our family is may the fittest survive. There was an older French couple and they started laughing as my wife and twin daughters attacked the cake and finished it in 45 seconds.

Side Note: There has been a demonstration blocking access to Orient bay Wednesday and Thursday by the locals protesting the construction of the new restaurants and Grand case chair rules along with other things. It’s a bit frustrating but hope it will end soon. Today, It’s my understanding we are able to get out going towards Grand case but not Phillipsburg.

[Linked Image]