Hi all,
Second day finds up embarking on a trip to SBH. We booked our ferry the day before via the online voyager website for $75 pp. We arrived at Marigot ferry port at 830 Monday morning and happy we did because parking was troublesome. The boys let us out in front in we got in line. We were next up when the boys showed up and I showed the desk clerk our email confirmation. It was 845 and the ferry departed at 850. Close call. We took the advice of taking nondrowsy dramamine ..although the ride was windy but not too rough. Also, they serve fresh juices free on board. We arrived in SBH an hour later to be greeted by Arnaud WH TopLoc car rentals. No probs this time around as we went to airport to retrieve our cute mini cooper convertible. We had enough trunk space for our cooler and beach bag and enough space for the four of us.
Off we went. Made a stop at the airport to get snack and Carib beer for the cooler watch a Winair flight land ...very cool...I might add..and then stopped for photo op above the airport. You have to do it, right?
Then we drove into St. Jean. We ended up at Nikki Beach, kind of accidently, but all good bc La Plage was closed as was Tom's. We practically had the beach to ourselves and it was pure heaven. The water was the perfect aqua blue. Calm and inviting. We swam and drank and just enjoyed the beauty there. Then we tried to find lunch but really nothing handy in SJ so we went back to Gustavia. Tried to find shell beach to eat there, but couldn't....the restaurants were closed there too. So, we fount Bar D L' Loubli where we had excellent Paninis. Mine was goat cheese. Our friends had ham and cheese and a mozzarella. Also had iced tea which was served in a very unique set up. Ice in a glass container below with the hot tea on top. You let it steep for a few minutes then poured over the Iced section. Tea Forte is the comany That makes and I want!
Next was on to Grand Fond and that side of the island. We drove to Saline but the gate, actually two, were closed and locked. So we went to Fort Carl for a panorama view (here is where we saw shell beach and the empty barred restaurants). Not too strenuous of a hike to top at the Fort which rewarded us with great scenery of town and marina and sea.
Onward, we ended I back in Gustavia to do some shopping. My hubby purchased me a very unusual double wrapped bracelet at Le Pasha made by the designer Ursula out of Paris. Love!
We also got the obligatory t shirts, w the airplane logo and magnet.
By that time, it was almost the end of the day so we took the car back to the airport and got the ride back to the ferry. I really would like to explore Saint Barts more because the enjoyed the time we did have on the island! Beautiful island, beautiful people. Hey, i think i just found their new slogan! Lol. Oh....almost forgot and as a side note, the Mini Cooper pulled all the hills just fine!
That night, since we got in kind of late and had to.clean up from the beach time. We went to the greenhouse cand got their grilled lobster special which came with carribean style peas and rice .... was very delicious. Got to love spiny lobster! A plus when visiting here. The drinks exceptionally good too. Fresh fruit coladas of all kinds.As an appetizer we had their escargot! Always have to get escargot when we go to a French island!
I'll post pics later as I'm on phone doing this report. Lol. And I want to make sure they are Un petit this go around.