Traveltalkonline.com Forums



People Talk >> BVI People Talk

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)
Winterstale
Traveler


Joined: 10/22/08
Posts: 5223
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Re: LA Kings..... [Re: Winterstale]
      #1592755 - 06/04/14 09:42 AM (99.8.136.235)

I'd rather be watching in the BVI myself

--------------------


Bridget


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
leahb
Traveler


Joined: 07/09/01
Posts: 1557
Loc: Boston
Re: LA Kings..... [Re: Winterstale]
      #1592761 - 06/04/14 10:01 AM (24.62.115.146)

Quote:

Winterstale said:
I'd rather be watching in the BVI myself



Me too!

--------------------
It's a round trip. Getting to the summit is optional, getting down is mandatory.
~ Ed Viesturs


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
surf
Traveler


Joined: 02/14/04
Posts: 590
Re: LA Kings..... [Re: leahb]
      #1592801 - 06/04/14 01:31 PM (50.166.246.133)


Your son played with CK? How cool is that?? The kid is a beast which LA will find out soon enough



Quote:

leahb said:
Being from Boston I'm not usually a New York fan but my son's former teammate Chris Kreider (great kid) is playing for the Rangers now so I'll be rooting for the Rangers straight through till they bring home the cup.




--------------------
Welcome to Jamrock


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
leahb
Traveler


Joined: 07/09/01
Posts: 1557
Loc: Boston
Re: LA Kings..... [Re: surf]
      #1592815 - 06/04/14 02:01 PM (24.62.115.146)

Quote:

surf said:

Your son played with CK? How cool is that?? The kid is a beast which LA will find out soon enough



Quote:

leahb said:
Being from Boston I'm not usually a New York fan but my son's former teammate Chris Kreider (great kid) is playing for the Rangers now so I'll be rooting for the Rangers straight through till they bring home the cup.






My son plays for Boston College. They played together during the 2010-11 and 2011-12 season. Boston College produces a couple of NHL players each year. He's a very nice kid... only 23 years old and a fantastic hockey player.

--------------------
It's a round trip. Getting to the summit is optional, getting down is mandatory.
~ Ed Viesturs


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Manpot
Traveler


Joined: 05/07/02
Posts: 15322
Loc: Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Re: LA Kings..... [Re: leahb]
      #1592841 - 06/04/14 03:14 PM (65.48.219.244)

Don"t discount California hockey...Kings brought the sport to the sunbelt and now are reaping rewards..Quick, Kopi, Dougherty, Gaborik, Richards, Williams, Martinez..bring your best game..you'll need it and more..we are the Cockroach Kings..you cant kill us..Wish the Rangers wouldnt wear those ugly practice jerseys ...they used to have ones that said " New York" on them!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
leahb
Traveler


Joined: 07/09/01
Posts: 1557
Loc: Boston
Re: LA Kings..... [Re: Manpot]
      #1592847 - 06/04/14 03:32 PM (24.62.115.146)

Quote:

Manpot said:
Don"t discount California hockey...Kings brought the sport to the sunbelt and now are reaping rewards..Quick, Kopi, Dougherty, Gaborik, Richards, Williams, Martinez..bring your best game..you'll need it and more..we are the Cockroach Kings..you cant kill us..Wish the Rangers wouldnt wear those ugly practice jerseys ...they used to have ones that said " New York" on them!!!



Don't worry Mal. Most of the Bostonian I know will be rooting for the Kings. There's no love lost between New York and Boston.

--------------------
It's a round trip. Getting to the summit is optional, getting down is mandatory.
~ Ed Viesturs


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Manpot
Traveler


Joined: 05/07/02
Posts: 15322
Loc: Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Re: LA Kings..... [Re: leahb]
      #1592853 - 06/04/14 03:41 PM (65.48.219.244)

Having endured years of "Hockey will never catch on in the sunbelt" its just so exciting..especially for the guys who built it Dionne, Taylor, Simmer, Wells, Rogie , Robitaille..do miss the nights when 10,00 fans at the Forum was a big deal and the players were delighted if you bought them a beer and recognised them..lot of fun stories when you you could " Skate with the Kings" for charity..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
leahb
Traveler


Joined: 07/09/01
Posts: 1557
Loc: Boston
Re: LA Kings..... [Re: Manpot]
      #1592854 - 06/04/14 03:42 PM (24.62.115.146)

Are you on island Mal? If you are keep an eye out for my daughter Candice and brand new son-in-law Brian. They just arrived at the Sugar Mill today and I'm sure they'll be at CGB over the next few days so if you see them be sure to say hello.

[image][/image]

--------------------
It's a round trip. Getting to the summit is optional, getting down is mandatory.
~ Ed Viesturs

Edited by leahb (06/04/14 03:48 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Manpot
Traveler


Joined: 05/07/02
Posts: 15322
Loc: Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Re: LA Kings..... [Re: leahb]
      #1592859 - 06/04/14 03:50 PM (65.48.219.244)

Will do..and yes we are here..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Winterstale
Traveler


Joined: 10/22/08
Posts: 5223
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Re: LA Kings..... [Re: Manpot]
      #1592935 - 06/04/14 06:54 PM (204.128.192.31)

Quote:

Manpot said:
Having endured years of "Hockey will never catch on in the sunbelt" its just so exciting..especially for the guys who built it Dionne, Taylor, Simmer, Wells, Rogie , Robitaille..do miss the nights when 10,00 fans at the Forum was a big deal and the players were delighted if you bought them a beer and recognised them..lot of fun stories when you you could " Skate with the Kings" for charity..




Now THAT must have been VERY cool indeed!

--------------------


Bridget


Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | >> (show all)



Extra information
1 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 10505

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline
A Public Service of TTOL