Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Unregistered

Smith Point?
      #1501410 - 04/18/13 02:20 PM (50.149.19.4)

Does anyone know if the clothing optional status at Long Island's Smith Point beach been affected by the FINS changes at Lighthouse beach? We've been to Lighthouse several times in the past few years and need to find another location for this summer. Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
thegreengrocer
Traveler

Loc: N,Y, Long Island
Re: Smith Point? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1501517 - 04/18/13 11:11 PM (68.196.208.21)

State nudity laws will be enforced at Fire Island National Seashore. While state laws apply throughout the seashore, the park will focus its public education and enforcement efforts of the existing New York State law at the following federally-owned areas:
o Lighthouse Beach, from the western boundary of the park to the western boundary of Kismet.
o The federal tract of land in front of Sailors Haven, from the Point O Woods to Cherry Grove.
o One half mile on either side of the Barrett Beach boardwalk.
o One mile on either side of the Watch Hill lifeguard stand.
o From the Wilderness Visitor Center to the breach at Old Inlet

--------------------
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well
preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn
out, shouting, "...Holy Chit...What a Ride!"

Unregistered

Re: Smith Point? [Re: thegreengrocer]
      #1501580 - 04/19/13 09:50 AM (50.149.19.4)

Thanks for the response, but we're not from the area and don't know if Smith Point is considered a federally owned area. Will Smith Point be open for clothing optional use this summer, or do we need to find another place to spend a few days this summer? Thanks again!

thegreengrocer
Traveler

#1501597 - 04/19/13 10:44 AM (68.196.208.21)

Smith Point it a Suffolk County Park.You were never allowed to use the park as clothing optional,BUT the same parking lot just west of the lot is Otis Pike Fire Island High Dune Wilderness and Wilderness Visitor Center.that is Fire Island National Seashore, this area is managed by the National Park Service. and for the past 25 or more years could be use as a clothing optional beach.
THIS YEAR YOU CAN NOT USE THE BEACH AS CLOTHING OPTIONAL

--------------------

Unregistered

#1501624 - 04/19/13 12:18 PM (50.29.103.8)

Take the Patchogue ferry to Watch Hill and walk 1 mile

We did this last year. Very nice and private, although remote

Pan
Traveler

Loc: The Jersey Shore
      #1501625 - 04/19/13 12:21 PM (68.63.175.178)

The former nude section west of the county's Smith's Point Park (commonly called Smith's Point) is on the FINS and nude use has been banned there as well.
You may want to try Gunnisons Beach located on the Gateway National Seashore at Sandy Hook in New Jersey.

jar867
Traveler

Loc: Florida
Re: Smith Point? [Re: Pan]
      #1501768 - 04/19/13 09:53 PM (72.184.125.91)

Many years' ago (1989) I was on a second date with my future wife. We had gone to "The Hamptons" for a Sunday afternoon. Upon our return to Western Long Island, we stopped at Smith's Point. I had secreted a cooler in my trunk. I had a bottle of Chardonnay, some pate' and a baguette.

We approached the Fire Island Seashore Station at Smith's Point and parked. I asked if I could park in the 'fisherman's ' parking spaces, and take my GF for a walk on the beach. The Federal Park Ranger said, enjoy.

We walked west about a 1/2 a mile, and after awhile, found a piece of driftwood which looked like a good seat. We sat. opened the wine and proceeded to enjoy the pate' and the ocean.

While there, a man walked by, he was nude. While somewhat taken aback, we were asking each other, would you ever do this? Obviously, we were both intrigued

Several weeks later, we were faced with an unusually warm Columbus Day. We each offered to do a beach day. We met at my apartment and brought our separate but contributive offerings to our day. We brought beverages, eats, sunscreen and reading material.

When we arrived at our prior mentioned driftwood, and unpacked, we were suddenly aware that, in our haste, we forgot swimsuits! We found that we were gradually made comfortable by the surrounding, veteran naturists. This started our naturist encounters and has survived over twenty years.

Since then, we have been to Naturist venues in several States, Countries, and Islands. We have met others who are like minded and enjoyed their company in a variety of locations. We have been married for Twenty-One years and are going to be at Hidden Beach, next week.

We are sorry to see the demise of a natural beginning that created a lifetime.

Pan
Traveler

Loc: The Jersey Shore
Re: Smith Point? [Re: jar867]
      #1503985 - 04/27/13 10:27 AM (68.63.175.178)

I met my wife in the Hampton's in 1972. We loved going to Hot Dog Beach there until we discovered Smiths Point. Sad to see it lose it's c/o designation.

thegreengrocer
Traveler

Re: Smith Point? [Re: Pan]
      #1504892 - 05/01/13 07:14 AM (68.196.208.21)

I am very sad and sorry to say, That I am going to Smith Point Thur. 5/2...I guess, I need to see the beach and how it weather the winter...Lunch offer still out there if anyone would like to join us.unfortunately clothing is not a option!!!!!

--------------------

beachpeople
Traveler

Loc: long island, n.y.
      #1504901 - 05/01/13 08:17 AM (69.113.243.163)

Don't forget a trip report for us working folks.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 12281

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline