Member Spotlight
GaryB
GaryB
Florida & Beacon Hill, SXM
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
paradissatravel, SXMCONNECTION
Who's Online Now
13 registered members (pburke40, SANFILIP, steve74, MrEZgoin, ChuckG, xrayman67, Wingman, marisol, Tom, 4 invisible), 872 guests, and 134 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Yesterday at 11:23 PM A Walker for disabled or similar? [by bran]
Anyone know where I could hire one? Thx.
2 151 Read More
Yesterday at 10:48 PM March Visit To SMMC - Update [by Whale Tail]
I did not anticipate a visit to the emergency department on our March visit, but it happened out of the blue. Diagnosis was a stomach virus which was completely gone within a week and the vacation continued. I submitted my claim to our travel insurance provider when we returned to Canada, the total claim was for $2949.74 CAD. I received an email today advising me that they covered everything down to the penny. Didn't expect to need to use Travel Insurance but I'm sure glad I had it.
7 245 Read More
Yesterday at 09:58 PM It’s back [by The_Lurker]
Carol, Saba is back
along with the others!
Beautiful day!!!
St. David is in our backyard.
5 0 187 Read More
Yesterday at 05:35 PM Adam & Eve Orient Beach [by magpie]
We have reservations for Adam & Eve at the end of May. We will be staying in the Poolview Suite. Anybody know if there is a mini frig or a small kitchen? Any reviews or suggestions are also welcome. This will be visit number 11 to Saint Martin, but our stays were at Alamada the first couple years & then club O for 8 visits. Damn, we miss Club O:( Thank you
3 407 Read More
Yesterday at 03:33 PM Meeting new people [by Alecs]
Hello all,

We will be on the island may 12 to may 19, staying at the Atrium hotel. We would like to meet some new people. I’m 61 and my wife is 57. This is our 12th trip to Sxm. We don’t travel much while on the island, mostly in Simpson bay. Maybe one day at Mullet beach and one day in Philipsburg.
5 453 Read More
Yesterday at 02:06 PM whale watching from Cape Town [by toast]
Will be in South Africa late August into September and looking for best whale watching optional trip. Most of them look to do multiple different things and we have other trips planned so looking for small boat and up close in water encounters. We realize it is about a 2 hour drive, but looking for smaller tour. Only one I found so far is not touring on our dates available.
thanks for any help.
0 46 Read More
04/26/2024 08:21 PM Booking air for 2025 [by RonDon]
I searched yesterday for a date in March and thought $596. one way was steep and that I should wait. Checked again today and the rate is now $660 On Jet Blue.

So I booked 2 seats one way direct flight on a Tuesday for less than the above quotes for one seat. Now I have to find a place to stay for the extra days.
9 733 Read More
04/26/2024 02:09 PM Below Deck [by The_Lurker]
Below Deck was filming at Mullet a couple of days ago.
I was amazed at how many people like that show. I have almost 600 likes
on the picture I posted!
It will be nice to catch it when it’s on tv. I hear SXM is a favorite spot for filming
the series.

Orange Fever was great yesterday. Water and food.
We split a goat cheese and honey pizza.

Went to Izi last night . It was quiet and things were a little different with price
and portion. The waiters were very nice and we probably gave
the biggest tip there, because of that.

This morning we relaxed with delicious coffee and pastry at la Sucriere.
Beautiful day.

And Carol, Saba is trying to peak out.
Dust seems to be gone!!
9 4 701 Read More
04/26/2024 01:46 PM new hotel next to BSV [by RonDon]
Does anyone know the name of the hotel next to BSV?
3 548 Read More
04/26/2024 11:24 AM What's up with AA frequent flyer miles? [by ggffrr11]
Heh, what's going on with AA frequent flyer miles/points? Back in the days, when I had to walk to school up hill both ways in the snow, I could use the AA points to send my whole crew roundtrip to the BVI.

AA use to post your "last month" mile earnings on around the tenth of each month. Now, it's the end of the April, and still no postings for March. I'm thinking about switching over to a Basspro credit card. At least, I get a free towel when I sign up.
8 483 Read More