Hello all! We are booked for June 13 to June 24, 2017 after having a great family trip this June. We flew through St. Thomas and rented our boat from MarineMax. They were great, but we are booked with Moorings this year. Also, we learned the lesson to do the sleep aboard the first night the hard way, so we will be staying onboard next year.

On the way down this year we missed the last fast ferry and instead caught the slow ferry that stopped at Sopers before Road Town. The ferry ride was not the best experience due to warmth in the cabin and bumpy seas. On the way home, we had to catch the 10:00 am fast ferry to catch our flight and we got there pretty early. We got tickets, but they stopped selling tickets a minute or so after we bought ours! Lucky and scary! I have heard from others who travel to the BVI frequently that flying to Beef is much better. However, one of the people I trust the most, who has been traveling to the BVI since the 80's, recently told me that he is starting to fly through St. Thomas again.

When we flew out of St. Thomas on Saturday this year, there were no seats in the terminal. It was overflowing with people. For a number of reasons, we will be flying home on Saturday again next year.

The flights for next year are about to go on sale and I plan to book them early if the prices are reasonable. Before I do that, I would appreciate the thoughts of the people on this board about flying through St. Thomas vs. Beef. We live in Raleigh, NC, so we typically connect through Charlotte, Atlanta or Miami. It would be 3 flights if we fly to Beef, but we are okay with this. What do you prefer, St. Thomas or Beef? Thank you!