I agree about it depending on where you are coming from and total elapse travel time.

For us it is 2 flights to STT or 3 flights to EIS. The 3 flight trip often taking 20-26 hours travel time.

To alleviate the ferry issue we stay one night in STT pre and post charter. This simply takes away all stress and anxiety of making or missing the ferry.

In addition I find it rather exhausting arriving same day for sleep aboard, provisioning and unpacking. Too much for one day after flying a red eye.

With that said our last trip was a party of 8, when I factor in the cost of an over night stay in STT along with lodging, ground transportation, food & beverage,and the 2 extra days of travel one front and and one back end, it may have been more cost effective to take a private water taxi to and from STT.

Our next trip, I always check fares into both STT and EIS. If I feel comfortable with connection times and travel time to EIS I will travel there. If not will plan on one night pre charter in STT, but coming home use a private water taxi saving time and $$, but only if I have a group 8 persons or more.

Also one other thing I will take into consideration before I book a boat will be to check the fleets in STT. Never chartered in STT, but I believe there are a few solid companies with good ratings and nice vessels.