Michael, I too am hosting a get together with appetizers and am planning to serve:

Meatballs with Heinz chili sauce/grape jelly – recipe on back of Heinz chili bottle. It’s very good. Prepare mini meatballs as you usually do (I fry mine) and heat up in a sauce pan with the two sauces combined.

Pizza bagels, hamburger sliders, chicken nuggets with several dipping sauces (always a kid pleaser and most adults enjoy them too)

Finally it’s a toss up between Stromboli or tortilla wraps. Depends on how I feel. Stromboli is made with pizza dough and you can virtually stuff anything in it and bake. You can pre make it, wrap in aluminum foil and reheat before your guests arrive. I like to stuff mine with slicing pepperoni and mozzarella adding an egg wash on top to make it golden brown and I sprinkle sesame seeds on top. You can also stuff with sliced Italian cooked sausage, tomato sauce, and sautéed peppers/onions.

For the tortilla wraps I like to buy several different flavors and fill with cold cuts. One variation is turkey with a cranberry/mayo and the other is roast beef with a horseradish/mayo and arugula leaves. I use Hellman’s mayo and mix in horseradish sauce or use Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce for the other one. Roll up and cut into pinwheels.

Last edited by fabila; 12/18/2009 05:17 PM.