sail2wind said:
StormJib said:
I picked this up from CYOA....

"If your boat has a generator, you will need to add about three quarters of a gallon, per generator hour, to your total. Most boats with generators return with about 60 hours on the generator – more if you run the generator all day and all night to enjoy the air conditioning."

60 hours for something you do not need?

in your opinion

a generator with a 3000 KW inverter/90 amp charger tops off the batteries much faster then the Yanmar. My boat is a 2 cabin, with an oversized engine room

My point is if the average charterer is now starting and listening to the generator run an average of 60 hours per charter. The average CYOA charter group at least thinks they "need" the generator/ac. At 60 hours the generator and ac may be the most used equipment on the boat. What else gets 60 hours of use per charter?

Here is the original question in case we forgot:

Sailboat with or without A/C

We're looking at bareboating for 6-8 weeks beginning mid April. The sailboats that have been offered do not have A/C, except for one option. However, it's significantly more expensive -about $10K more. Just wondering what we can expect in regards to sleeping at night. I'm 52, and hot weather + sleeping= no sleep. Thanks- Tami