We are a family of 6, 3 kids, grandma and my husband and I. We charter in the Caribbean, typically once a year at Christmas time. We have done the BVI's a lot, SVI's once and the Grenadines once. We are going back to the Grenadines this year. I highly recommend starting in St. Vincent and ending in Grenada. Much nicer sails rather than beating into the wind most of the time. I lived in Grenada as a child so it holds a special place in my heart. The Grenadines are also more of what I remember the Caribbean being like when I was a kid. When we did the trip in 2011, my kids were 12, 12 and 16. They really liked Bequia for the cool wooden boats, the Tobago Cays for turtle watching and lobster BBQ on the beach. Their favorite all time meal to this day was the beach BBQ at PSV. All you can eat lobster, tuna, steak...Pricey but worth it. We will be doing that again this year. We also took a slip at Port Louis Marina in Grenada which allowed them some independent time at the pool and exploring the marina. The Grenadines are definitely more low key...less people, less crowded anchorages, not so much of a party scene although lots of cool little beach bars. My kids are probably more partial to the BVI's for the scene but are super excited to do the Grenadines again. If you want more info. PM me and I can give you more and update you after our trip.

Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 40

[Linked Image]