islandgem said:
Yes, there was a special assessment to upgrade the resort as the original company did not raise the maintenance fees and the resort was in dire need of upgrading. I happily paid my fees as I wanted to see the resort kept up to a five star rating.

When I sign a legal contract I expect the terms to be upheld by both parties. I have morals and I'm not comfortable dealing with companies that don't. If you do, that's ok by me.

I own a small business and have for 38+ years. I can't imagine trying to explain to a customer why my item is $20.00 more than the identical item down the street. Of course I could tell him the truth....my building is falling down because I failed to maintain it. Then I can tell him he's going to pay to fix it. Most people would walk out the door, never to return. It's good to know the people who paid the special assessment and the illegal maintenance fees would still shop in my store.

It is not my fault that Festiva passed on the due diligence necessary prior to the purchase.