Carol

The purse thing was in general. I see many people make comments about no purses or wear a fanny pack thing.

My point is I don't have to take these precautions at home. I can leave my car parked at home anywhere and the last thing on my mind would be to worry about the trunk being broke into. I like most people have just tolerated this for years. But I feel that I couldn't go into a jewelry store in the daytime and be safe now.

I feel the same way about SXM as you do. There are some very special places there and have made some special friends there. And having to weigh visiting my personal places and friends vs the escalating crime ( it has been escalating for years, remember when the Dutch side brought in the Marccueestes, sp. for only 6 months?) gives me great grief.

As most know I have been looking else where for my vacations now (2 cruised ( hopefully no more of those) and other islands. And it is all because my "common sense" tells me the odds of having a problem in SXM have increase dramatically.

I would love to vacation in SXM 3 times a year again but for now I don't think so.

Wendell