Computerwise said:
I know I'm over simplifying this but how about charging $1 or 2 for each beach chair rented on Mullet which goes toward paying for the lifeguard (MB clean the beach at the end of the day)..thus giving several youths a job and maybe saving someones life..

Sorry....but I have to disagree with this statement a hundred times over. The waves have been very rough for days before this drowning.... Red flags have been all over the beaches....anyone with eyes can see the surf was HUGE.... There are NO LIFEGUARDS on any beach...

Now...you have two ''invincible'' twenty something year olds (which they were), going swimming in conditions that any sane person would not. Should any lifeguard risk their won lives, to save the life of someone who shouldn't have been there in the first place??? My answer is no...

These two victims, unfortunately went into the water, when they shouldn't have. I have been to Mullett in lousy conditions, and only a fool would venture in to it. Thankfully there was only the two victims this time....some rescuers may have been added to the tally. My heart bleeds for their families.