I was there the day the man died on the french side last Thursday. It was very tragic and lots of professionals that were on the beach came to his rescue (2 Dr.s & an ER Nurse and others) and gave CPR and Auto Defibrillator but to no avail, he couldn't be saved. The beach was calm that day as well and it's suspected the man had a heart attack and then drown. I posted on another site in hopes to let the family know that all that could be done to save him was done and when they concluded that he was gone, a french woman came to his side and prayed giving him his last rights. It was a very emotional thing to witness. His daughters did see my post and we have since been in contact where I could give them more information that they thought they would never get. While as tragic as it was, I am glad I could give the family comfort at a terrible time. Have compassion and give kindness to those who have been affected by something this tragic instead of pointing fingers at who or who did not do whatever to help, the families will greatly appreciate it.