Wow! Is that ever the truth!

We were on Mullet a few years ago when the waves were the biggest I've ever seen in 43 years. Neither Rosie nor DaLeo had their chairs out because the waves were crashing up almost that far.

We sat at one of Rosie's tables for about an hour watching the waves and in disbelief, watching the few young ones brave enough (or foolish enough) to tackle the waves - some with boogie boards, some with surf boards and always the inevitable body surfers. Personally speaking, I thought they were nuts but what do I know?!

As we were sitting there, the Soualiga Patrol drove into the parking lot and came onto the beach and ordered everyone OUT of the water. When the few didn't do as instructed, they called out to them with a bull horn and told them if everyone didn't leave the water immediately they would close the beach and even the sun-bathers would have to vacate, so after a few minutes of friendly discussion back and forth, they all came out of the water and dried off.

A rather heated discussion ensued but eventually, the Soualiga Patrol headed back to their car and literally, the moment the car left the parking lot, those that would were right back in the water, as we were pretty sure they were going to do from the getgo.

There's only so much anyone can do and when it comes right down to it, who among us hasn't at one time or another thought we were infallible?

My heart goes out to the families and friends of all who have suffered a loss to this kind of an accident but when it comes right down to it, it's pretty hard to protect people from themselves.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."