That's fine to say, but tourists have no reason to believe that simple female toplessness on beaches on the dutch-side is illegal. I do not believe it is illegal, but I could be wrong and am willing to stand corrected if someone can point me to a "law."

With specific regard to Dawn, at least pre-Luis (a way I can remember the time period) topless was very common on Dawn - there were very few cruisers going there – many if not most of tourists were European. Has the written law (that's positive law for you pre-law folks) changed since then? I doubt it. Has the vibe and what is common changed - sure.

(On the french-side, the written law did change in January 2006 with regard to nudity - but not as to toplessness, which always has been acceptable on all beaches on the french-side as a matter of law - but even on french-side an establishment can post a "No Topless" rule for its property, probably including an area of concessionaire rights, and have the right to have it enforced.)

Sorry, but it bothers me to see people making statements about the law who just are expressing personal opinions and do not really know what the law is. If you do not believe a woman should sunbath topless on certain beaches on dutch-side, you certainly are entitled to your opinion - but, I do not think it has anything to do with respect or lack of respect for local laws.