|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,949
Posts342,004
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 209
Joined: September 2016
|
|
|
17 members (boucharda, caribmichael, SeeDiver, WWII, Rumlover, loislynn, RickinAtlanta, Bob O, NumberCruncher, SXMScubaman, 7 invisible),
354
guests, and
59
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 287 Likes: 3
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 287 Likes: 3 |
I have seen multiple posts on bring your own meat but they always seem to be centered on Customs & Immigration. Can some of you with experience in this area give me some details of how you get it down there? For the airline flight (we are flying American from JFK to STT) do you check the cooler or do you keep it as carry-on? Do the airline allow you to use something to cool it (ie can you get ice through security)? I think I read on this board that the meat needs to be vacuum sealed? Any advice on how to travel with it successfully is much appreciated.
The is there anything I need to know for the ferry ride from St. Thomas to Road Town?
The meat section from Right Way and Moorings is limited and is extremely expensive. In the past I have always bought the meat down there but we have a larger group this time and the economics make bringing it with us a good potential option.
Thanks for any info!
Mark Shichtman "Live for Today!"
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|