warren460 said:
Great report.

Re "Chugged out through Eustasia Sound - the charter company had asked us not to do that due to the shallow depth, but I wanted to see it"

I am not even sure what to say about this one besides please do not ever charter a boat from us. No one likes being the hall monitor but this is ridiculous. You where on boat that belongs to some one else. Likely their pride and joy that they spent years accumulating the money to buy. You should treat it better than you would your own boat.

Those of us that work in the industry are tasked with providing a great vacation to guests and at the same time protecting the boat owners assets. This is not an easy balance some days. Poor decisions like this are one of the reasons. We do not randomly redline areas of the charts. Those decisions are made based on years of experience and in a lot of cases repeated losses of vessels and harm to people. I am glad you had a great trip. Please let this be a learning experience and never put a vessel or your crew at that level of risk again for a sight seeing detour.

Jay

Last edited by CaptainJay; 06/12/2017 07:55 AM.