The boat: Our crew of 6 adults and 4 kids used Horizon for the 3rd time. We have had nothing but excellent service with them. If we have a problem with the boat, they come fix it. Simple. This time we were on the new Nautitech Fly 46. The boat handled very well. We went out to fish the drop one day on our way from Norman to Cooper and had 25-30 knots of wind and about 5’ seas. No problem. Loved the flybridge, where most of the crew could sit while sailing. However, I was surprised at the number of minor issues on the boat, given it is only 8 months old. The door frame between the salon and cockpit was coming apart and was very poorly constructed. Considering the use this door will see, it seems like they should have put a little more into it. I later looked at a leopard 46 and noticed how well the door was constructed. There were several other minor issues. Nothing huge, but again, considering the age, if I were the boat owner, I wouldn’t be happy. I pointed all of the issues out and I’m sure Horizon will address them.

The trip: We got in around 8pm and did a sleepaboard. Riteway delivered groceries the next morning 15 minutes early. Island surf and sail was right on time with the SUP’s. We finished all the paperwork and were off the dock around 11. We did the usual counter clockwise tour. Norman, Cooper, VG, Marina Cay, JVD. Everything was awesome as usual. Stopped at the Kodiak Queen and dove. That was amazing. After JVD, we headed to St. John for the first time. Really enjoyed St. John. Started at Cinnamon Bay, sailed to the south side (lamshur bay) the next day, and then back up to Maho Bay the day after that. I’d stick to the north side of the island next time. Everyone agreed we’d like to go back to St. John and stick to the cinnamon/francis/maho area. Overall, it was a great trip and we will be back!